Delicious apple bread recipe is a quick, yeast-free dessert bread recipe. This bread turns out fluffy, moist, and sooo fragrant! It is filled with apple and nut pieces, with a cinnamon-sugar crust and glazes on top.
If you’re looking for a good, fast, and proven apple bread recipe – here it is take it for free! Believe me, you and your loved ones will not be able to refuse a piece of this delicacy. A slice of apple bread is a great yummy to your morning tea or coffee.
How to make DUTCH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish with oil or line with parchment. In a mixer bowl, combine softened butter with sugar and beat until creamy.
- Step 2. Add vanilla, eggs, and milk at room temperature beat again until smooth.
- Step 3. Add the sifted flour with baking powder and salt, mix.
- Step 4. Add the diced apples and chopped nuts and toss.
- Step 5. Prepare the topping in a separate bowl. Combine all ingredients with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly.
- Step 6. Pour the dough into prepared pan (10 * 4 * 3 inches works well).
- Step 7. Sprinkle the topping over the top. Place in preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Cool the apple bread on the wire rack, carefully remove from the baking pan.
- Step 8. Prepare the glaze. To do this, combine all the ingredients in one bowl and stir until smooth.
- Step 9. Pour the glaze over the bread, slice, and serve.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT DUTCH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
- Eggs, milk, and butter should be at the same room temperature. Take care of this by taking the ingredients out of the refrigerator in advance. Otherwise, the mixture may stratify during whipping. If this happens, heat the mixture in a water bath, stirring constantly until smooth.
- You can drizzle lightly with lemon juice on diced apples. This will prevent them from darkening and the bread will get a lighter color.
- Use chilled butter for the topping. If you are going to knead the topping with your hands, do it very quickly so that the butter does not melt.
- Apple bread is fluffy and slightly crumbly, so it is difficult to get it out of the baking dish. I recommend lining the baking dish with a sheet of parchment so that you can easily reach the bread out of the baking dish by the edges of the parchment.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to make the glaze whiter. Keep in mind this will thin your glaze, so add a little more powdered sugar to the consistency you want.
How do you make dutch apple bread moist and fluffy?
Make sure to use fresh baking powder for the fluffiness of your apple bread. It is also necessary to sift the flour, this saturates it with oxygen and the bread becomes more fluffy.
Apple slices and egg yolks add moisture to this bread. Choose large eggs with large yolks.
What apples can you use to make apple bread?
Hard and green apples are best suited for this recipe, preferably sour. Choose from Honey Crisp, Fugi, or Granny Smith. These apples keep their shape during baking and do not turn into puree.
Why is my apple bread dry?
There may be 2 reasons for this.
First, use a kitchen scale to measure the amount of flour. If you add it too much, the bread will be too dry.
Second, keep an eye on the baking time and temperature of your oven. Check the apple bread for readiness after 55 minutes by piercing the center with a toothpick. If it comes out dry and clean, your bread is ready.
Сan you freeze apple bread?
To freeze apple bread, wait until it has completely cooled down. Then wrap it in foil and put it in a zip lock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before use.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
DUTCH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
- 1/2 cup softened butter 1 cube
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled green apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 5 TBSP cold butter
1/3 cup flour
2 TBSP granulated sugar
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar and softened butter until creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, whis
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, mix.
- Add the diced apples and chopped nuts and toss.
- Combine all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Pour the dough into a parchment-lined pan (10 * 4 * 3 inches), sprinkle with topping. Bake 55-60 minutes in an oven preheated to 350F. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix all the icing ingredients, pour over the bread.