The recipe is really easy and even a culinary beginner can handle it. And, importantly, you can adjust the number of ingredients yourself. If you are counting on a sumptuous dinner for a large company, or if you want to prepare for future use, take the entire pack of pasta. You can easily reduce the amount of it and get a very meaty and juicy dish. Use your favorite mincemeat and cheese and enjoy Hamburger Casserole in your personal twist!
How to make a casserole hamburger from scratch?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Cheesy Hamburger Casserole.
- Step 1. Pour some canola oil into the skillet, add the ground beef, and fry, stirring constantly.
- Step 2. Add the diced onion and garlic, stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3. Add salt, pepper, and spices to taste (paprika, oregano).
- Step 4. Pour in the tomato puree, stir, cover the skillet with a lid and simmer over low heat for up to half an hour.
- Step 5. Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain the water. Add pasta to meat sauce, stir, place in a large baking dish (11 * 7 inches works well).
* Use the entire box of pasta if cooking for future use or for a large number of guests. For a smaller and more meaty dish, halve the amount of pasta.
- Step 6. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top and bake in preheated 350 F oven for 10 minutes. Or until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Step 7. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Baking Tips For Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- You can use any minced meat you want.
- You can also use your favorite cheese or even several kinds of cheese.
- If you want to freeze the casserole, stop mixing the pasta with the meat filling. Wait until it cools completely, wraps with foil, and put in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before use, sprinkle with cheese and reheat in the oven.
What to serve with hamburger casserole?
This dish may well be on its own. There is a lot of meat, boiled pasta, tomatoes, and cheese. Thus, add something light and not high in calories in the serving.
This can be a salad of fresh vegetables, baked vegetables, or just a vegetable cut. Use one of the recipes below: Candied Carrots, Sauteed Zucchini With Parmesan, Amazing olive pasta salad, Amish Broccoli Salad.
Can you freeze hamburger casserole?
Of course, this is a great recipe for freezing. If necessary, stop mixing the pasta and meat sauce. Wait for the casserole to cool completely, wrap the tin in foil, or place everything in a container with an airtight lid.
Place in the freezer and store for up to two months. Defrost the hamburger casserole in the refrigerator overnight before serving. Place in a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese, and reheat in the oven or microwave.
How long will hamburger casserole keep in the refrigerator?
The shelf life of the casserole in the refrigerator is approximately three days. Be sure to cover the mold with cling film or foil to keep the food from airing.
You can sprinkle extra fresh grated cheese on top of the casserole before reheating
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE
- LOADED POTATO RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- DORITOS CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- one 28-ounce can pureed tomatoes, or your favorite sauce
- 16 ounce box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup each grated cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
- Fry the ground beef in oil, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced onion and garlic, stir, cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Pour in the tomato puree, stir, cover, and cook over low heat for half an hour.
- After half an hour, add the boiled pasta, stir, place in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT