Cheesy cauliflower soup is a thick, cheese, and vegetable soup. Watch out. It can be addictive and become your favorite) If you like cauliflower-like I do, be sure to try this soup. Plus, it won’t take long. While the vegetables are boiling in water, you prepare the cheese sauce.
Then connect everything and enjoy it. Sometimes I deviate from the recipe and double the cheese for an extra cheese-creamy taste. Try it too! Try Comforting ham and potato soup and potato soup and potato kielbasa soup for more healthy soups.
How To Make Cheesy Cauliflower Soup?
- Step 1. Fold the vegetables into a deep saucepan: disassemble the cauliflower into small inflorescences, coarsely grate the carrots, cut the celery into cubes. Pour 2.5 cups of water and broth into a saucepan. (Optionally, you can replace all the water with vegetable or meat broth). Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Step 2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add flour, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring with a silicone spatula until smooth. A whisk can be used if lumps form.
- Step 3. Pour in milk gradually while stirring—Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Step 4. Add grated cheese and cook until completely melted, continuing to stir.
- Step 5. Pour cheese sauce over vegetables, stir, turn off the heat. Add more salt if needed.
- Optionally add potatoes, broccoli, onions, or other vegetables.
- Don’t cook the cauliflower for more than 15 minutes if you want it to turn into a puree.
- Choose fresh milk to avoid curdling when heated.
- Choose quality cheese so that it melts nicely in the soup and does not float in lumps.
- In such a soup, you can easily add ground nutmeg or herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary – dried or fresh).
What To Serve With Easy Cauliflower Soup?
Any kind of bread would be perfect here. It could even be focaccia or pita. But, of course, homemade bakes are the best solution. Try the following recipes: Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread or Sourdough Bread Recipe.
Can You Freeze Easy Cauliflower Soup?
I don’t recommend doing this. Soups containing milk or cream do not tolerate freezing well.
They get a grainy texture and delaminate when thawed. The volume of soup is not big, so try to eat it on time, without resorting to freezing. The soup’s shelf life in the refrigerator is no more than three days.
Can You Reheat Cauliflower Soup?
Yes, of course! This soup can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated safely.
Take into account the moment to reheat over low heat, constantly stirring to prevent the cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Can You Add Cheese To Easy Cauliflower Soup?
I use light cheddar in this soup. But be free to choose your favorite cheese for this soup.
This can be old orange cheddar, mozzarella, spicy Swiss cheese, or even a mixture of several kinds of cheese.
If you want extra cheese soup, double the amount of it. Be sure of the quality of your cheese so that it melts and doesn’t float in lumps.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
- BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Place cauliflower blossoms, grated carrots, and chopped celery into a saucepan. Pour in water, add broth, bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter, add flour, salt, and pepper, stir until smooth. While cooking over low heat, gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Add the grated cheese, cook, stirring occasionally, until it melts. Pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables, stir and serve.
I enjoy making different soups our oldest daughter does not eat any kind of meat! I thought I will make this soup for her we are going to see her and the grandkids.