In our family, not a day goes by without soup. I consider this a good habit, as a hot and liquid dish can quickly satisfy your hunger. Hot summers with cold soups last in our region for no more than three months. So, most of the year I cook hot, rich, and nutritious soups. For more healthy soup try ham and potato soup,
POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
It is my favorite. After having tried it for the first time, I fell in love with it from the first spoon. And since then I cook it often and with pleasure. Insanely tasty, satisfying, nutritious, and very fragrant.
Perhaps this is the only soup whose 5-liter pan we ate in 1.5 days)) And even my little daughter, having finished her part, continued to carry sausages from my bowl.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO KIELBASA SOUP;
- Step 1. Pour olive oil in a Dutch oven or frying pan and heat. Add the sausage and cook for 5-6 minutes over medium heat, stirring and turning. Using a slotted spoon, remove it to a separate plate.
- Step 2. Add garlic, onions, carrots, celery to the pan and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3. If you are cooking in a Dutch oven, add the broth to the vegetables and add the potatoes. If you are cooking in a frying pan, then at this stage pour the chicken broth into a deep pot and add the potatoes. Then transfer all the vegetables from the frying pan to the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat or until the potatoes are soft.
- Step 4. Add sausage, milk, cheddar cheese, and parmesan. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 5. Pour parsley, stir and serve. You can sprinkle soup in a bowl with grated cheddar.
Tip: Add salt at the very end of cooking. Sausage and both cheeses will give a little of their salinity to the broth. So first try the soup, and then salt.
What to serve with kielbasa potato soup?
Besides bread and toast, you can eat this soup with other representatives of cereals. Rye, buckwheat, or rice bread are well suited for this role. Cover them with pesto or tahini sauces.
And if you want to make the soup more festive, the oven will come to the rescue. Distribute the soup in portioned heat-resistant pots without adding 1-2 cm to the top. Sprinkle with grated cheese, put on top a thick slice of baguette.
Cover it with another layer of cheese and bake it in the oven until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.
What does kielbasa potato soup taste like?
This soup has a very rich taste. Cheeses and milk create a rich creamy taste. Smoked kielbasa sets the tone and nourishes the whole house.
After frying sausages in olive oil, everyone who wants to feast will be carrying crispy sausage. Thus, cover them with cling film and remove them further, haha)
What do you eat with kielbasa potato soup?
This is a completely independent dish for lunch or dinner. Any bread will suit it. French crispy baguette is perfect for such a light and creamy soup. You can eat it fresh or lightly brown in a toaster or oven. Also try whole grain, flaxseed, or sourdough bread.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, SOUP RECIPES
- TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
- CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 pound kielbasa, cut into ½ inch pieces
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- • ½ cup peeled and finely diced carrot (2 large)
- • ½ cup finely sliced celery (2-3 stalks)
- • 4 cups chicken stock
- • 1 1/2 pounds potato, cut into cubes
- • 2 cups milk
- • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- • ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- • ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Fry the sausage in olive oil until crisp and remove from the pan.
- Fry garlic, onions, carrots and celery.
- Combine the broth, vegetables and potatoes, cook until the potatoes are ready.
- Add the sausage, cheese, milk and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- It is very important! Milk should be used only pasteurized! In extreme cases, replace it with drinking cream (10-20% fat). Ordinary milk can curdle and lumps will float in your soup.
- Be sure of the quality of your cheese. Cheddar would be perfect for this recipe because Bad cheese will not dissolve in the soup and stick to the bottom of the pan.