Ground beef vegetable soup is a warm hearty soup packed with vegetables and rich ground beef all smothered in a saucy tomato broth.
I love a good one-pot soup recipe, you can just chuck it all in and with cooking time under an hour that leaves more room for you to put your feet up.
How to make Tomato Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Simply combine all the ingredients with some seasoning and in less than an hour, you will have dinner sorted I mean what more could you ask for? I guess the only downside is the washing up!
- Step 1. In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with onion, garlic and salt. Crumble the meat whilst cooking then drain the fat.
- Step 2. Add the frozen vegetables to the soup pot too.
- Step 3. Now throw in the chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and the seasonings.
- Step 4. Give everything a good mix. Then bring to a boil then cover with the lid and let simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat or until the soup has become thick
BAKING TIPS FOR TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
- You can use food ziplock bags to freeze this delicious ground beef vegetable soup. Simply take out a bag from the freezer on the day of cooking or overnight to defrost.
- If you don’t have frozen peas you can use fresh but I would recommend adding these to the pot towards the end of cooking time so they don’t start to mush.
- Add in some breadcrumbs when serving to add a crunch to this delicious flavoursome ground beef vegetable soup.
What to serve with ground beef vegetable soup?
You can serve this warm ground beef vegetable soup with freshly baked bread to soak up all that tomato goodness!
I always eat my ground beef vegetable soup with bread as it really compliments this flavoursome meal and ensures you soak up all that flavour!
How long can you keep ground beef vegetable soup in the fridge?
This delicious ground beef vegetable soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Anything after that I would not recommend eating again if you want to keep the ground beef vegetable soup for longer then keep stored in the freezer instead.
Can you freeze ground beef vegetable soup?
Yes, sure you can! You can freeze this amazing beef vegetable soup for a later date or even the next day.
Simply pour the soup into airtight containers or zip-loc food bags and place in the freezer.
Remember not only to freeze for up to 3 months. After this, the ground beef vegetable soup will not be suitable to eat and may have developed harmful bacteria.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, SOUP RECIPES
- CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- On the stovetop place a large soup pot, add in the ground beef, onion, garlic, and salt then cook until brown
- Crumble the meat as it cooks to create the perfect consistency for your soup, Drain the fat from the ground beef then place back on the soup pot
- Now add in the chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and the rest of the seasonings and mix well
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low, let this cook on a simmer for at least 30 minutes to ensure enough time for all the ingredients to be well incorporated
- Check on your soup after 30-40 minutes to see it has thickened if so remove from the stovetop and serve. Enjoy!