This cozy Italian sausage soup with orzo is key for these cold rainy nights. Rice flavorsome Italian sausage with orzo pasta with juicy tomatoes and lashings of Italian seasoning this is going to be another family favorite for sure!
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Italian Sausage Soup from scratch.
- Step 1. Heat olive oil in a pan then cooks sausage until brown. Cut up in smaller pieces then drain and keep to one side.
- Step 2. Now add the vegetables to the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Step 3. Add in the orzo pasta, tomato tin, chicken stock, and previously cooked sausage. Stir well.
- Step 4. Bring to the boil then continue to cook on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes
BAKING TIPS FOR ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- If you don’t have Italian sausage you can use chicken sausage for a similar taste.
- You can cook the meat the day before if you are running short of time.
What To Serve With Italian Sausage Soup?
You can serve Italian sausage soup with freshly baked bread or even some croutons
Can You Freeze Italian Sausage Soup?
Yes, you can freeze Italian sausage soup with orzo for up to 3 months. This will be great for those with a busy lifestyle just make enough and store it for dinner in the week
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- BEST EVER MUSHROOM SOUP
- BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP ( BETTER THAN PANERA )
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- 1/2 lb italian sausage
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add to it 1/2 lb italian sausage, break into small pieces and cook until well browned
- Drain the sausage and set to one side
- To the same pan add 1/2 a red diced onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic and diced celery. Sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Now add the uncooked orzo pasta and stir for 2-3 minutes until toasted
- Add in 6 cups of chicken stock, tomato tin, 1 tsp dried italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and pepper along with the cooked browned sausage from earlier
- Stir everything so all ingredients are well combined
- Cook the soup for 10-15 minutes. Bring to the boil then let it simmer on medium-low heat