This soup consists of creamy texture, saturated broth, will be liked by everyone, especially after a very hard day. I have a special pleasure from a plate of soup with croutons.
It is so delicious and creamy; you can eat this meal without warming it up. Moreover, this meal is very healthy, it’s fat and gluten-free, vegetarians can also enjoy it. It is very easy and fast to cook this mushroom soup. You need less than half an hour and fewer ingredients.
There is a secret why this meal is so delicious. I can tell you about 2 kinds of mushrooms – baby portabella mushrooms and white button mushrooms.
This combination makes saturated soup. I have never eaten such soup, which is more delicious than this one. You should try to cook it. If you like mashed soup, you can mix this soup in a blender.
How To Make This Mushroom Soup Creamier?
I really like to make this soup creamy, when I fry mushrooms with onions. I let them cool a little bit, put them in a blender, and grind. You can add cream instead of milk for a creamier taste.
What to Serve with Cream of Mushroom?
I like eating mushroom soup with bread, especially with sourdough Bread, it is a very simple and delicious bread recipe, my friends like it with toast and for them, I fry the bread in a dry pan.
I recommend you try this soup with cheese and garlic crack bread, it’s just an amazing combination just like in a restaurant.
Do you put garlic in mushroom soup?
For this recipe I prefer to use garlic powder instead of pure garlic, it blends well in the mushroom soup and it leaves no bitterness taste.
Do you put potatoes in mushroom soup?
Sometimes I add crushed potatoes to the mushroom soup; the soup will have a creamier taste in this case. You can even add some milk if you want to cook potato soup.
How To Thicken Vegan Mushroom Soup?
You can add boiled potatoes or boiled white beans to the soup to make it easier for you, you can use canned beans, drain the liquid, and add hot.
How do you make mushroom soup from scratch?
- Step 1.cut the onion into cubes and fry in a large pan with a little oil, fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Step 2. Then you should cut the onions into cubes, add it to the pan, a large amount of liquid will be released don’t worry it is normal. The main idea is that you don’t salt the mushrooms until they are cooked.
- Step 3. When the mushrooms are a little ready, you should add thyme and garlic powder, continue to fry; the smell will be amazing.
- Step 4. You should mix vegetable stock with 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour, then add mushrooms.
- Step 5. Add bay leaf and salt in a pan, then pour the milk.
- Step 6. You should cook mushroom soup for 10-15 minutes. Taste, add more salt and pepper if desired.
Can you freeze mushroom soup?
Yes, you can freeze it in an airtight container, but here you get only 3-4 servings of a given number of ingredients, so you can’t freeze it. I eat it the next day, it is even tastier the next day than on the day of preparation.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT MUSHROOM SOUP
You can use any type of milk – coconut, flax, almond, or just lactose-free is suitable for this soup. If you want a rich creamy soup, you can add cream instead of milk.
You can beat about half the soup in a blender to give the soup a saturated and thick texture.
If you don’t have tapioca flour, you can use corn starch instead.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
BEST EVER MUSHROOM SOUP
- 1 large white onion – diced
- 1 package white button mushrooms– 10 oz sliced
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms – 10 oz sliced
- 10 stalks fresh thyme – leaves removed
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. tapioca flour – or arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tbs. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder – optional
- You should fry chopped onions to a soft state for a couple of minutes add mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
- You should add thyme,garlic powder to mushrooms, mix vegetable broth and tapioca flour, and pour itinto mushrooms, add amino, milk, and salt to the pan, cook for another 10-15minutes, put 1 bay leaf.
- You should serve the hot soup with bread and croutons.
- If you have no baby portabella mushrooms, you can replace it with shitake mushrooms.
- You shouldn’t salt the mushrooms before frying; otherwise, it won’t secrete all its juice.
- Be sure to wipe the mushrooms dry with a paper towel after washing.
- You can add chicken instead of vegetable broth.