Doritos Chicken Casserole is an easy and quick way to cook a Mexican dish. It consists of sliced soft chicken, sweet corn, spicy tomatoes, lots of cheese, and cream. And all of this is generously sprinkled with crispy chips!
Doritos Chicken Casserole
The Doritos Chicken Casserole recipe is the fastest main course recipe when guests are on the doorstep.
The only caveat! You should already have boiled or fried chicken in stock. If you have time to cook it, then use the How to Cook Shredded Chicken Guide. Also, if you want to save time, you can buy grilled chicken and cut it into pieces.
I’ve cooked Rotel tomatoes with green chilies on my own several times, as I have these fresh vegetables in the refrigerator. And I also sometimes cook the cream of chicken soup manually, especially if there is no way to go to the store.
Perhaps this will increase the cooking time. But you can prepare tomatoes with chili and cream of chicken soup for the future and use it when necessary.
Do not forget that you can easily prepare this casserole and store it in the freezer used.
How to make Doritos Chicken Casserole?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Doritos Chicken Casserole.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F, oil the baking dish. In a deep bowl, combine cooked and chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, dried Rotel and corn, 1 cup of grated cheese.
Step 2. Layout everything and evenly distribute it on the baking dish.
Step 3. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of grated cheese.
Step 4. Top with chopped chips. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve hot.
How to make Dorito Chicken Casserole ahead of time?
To cook chicken casserole ahead of time, follow all the steps from the cooking instructions, avoiding the chips. Cover the baking dish with cling film or foil.
You can store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days until baking. Or put it in the freezer and store it there for about 4-6 months. Defrost the casserole overnight in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with chopped chips and bake in the oven according to the instructions.
How to cook Rotel tomatoes with green chilies for Doritos chicken casserole?
A standard grocery can hold 10 ounces. To prepare the required quantity for our recipe, take 2 large ripe tomatoes and 1 green chili pepper. Or more chili peppers if you like spicy food.
Blanch the tomatoes by dropping them in boiling water for 30-40 seconds. Remove the peel, remove the stalk, and cut into small dice. Peel chili seeds and chop finely.
Put everything in a saucepan, add half tsp of salt, mix and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly.
What to serve with Doritos chicken casserole?
Doritos casserole can safely act as an independent dish, as it is very nourishing. But there are times when you need to set the table and feed a lot of guests. In this case, serve this Doritos casserole with the following dishes:
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Mexican Potatoes
- The Best Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
- How To Make The Best Red Potato Salad
- Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
- Amish Broccoli Salad
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Replace the Colby jack cheese with a mixture of orange cheddar and hard Swiss cheese, or take anyone to your taste.
- Replace the chips with a ritz cracker.
How many calories in Doritos chicken casserole?
In one serving, weighing 100 grams, approximately 420 kcal.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Johnny Marzetti Casserole
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Southern Banana Pudding Recipe
- Easy Baked Burrito Casserole Recipe
- Grandmother Favorite Peach Cobbler
- Pineapple Casserole
Dorito Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz Rotel (drained)
- 16 oz corn (drained)
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 10 oz Dorito chips (crushed)
- Combine chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, drained Rotel and corn, a cup of cheese in a deep bowl. Mix and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, then chopped chips. Bake for 15-20 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 F until the cheese has melted.
- Prepare all products in advance. Boil the chicken in salted water and cut it into slices. Drain the liquid from the corn and Rotel, grate the cheese, grind the chips.
- To easily chop chips, open the stack to depressurize. Then squeeze the packet of chips with your hands until you get the pieces of chips in the right size.
- Cream of chicken soup and grated cheese have their own saltiness, so I do not add extra Salt and pepper, only if necessary.
Leave a Reply