The first time I made it I thought it was a joke, that is, it is sourdough bread or it is easy, but not both at the same time. If you have ever read or prepared a sourdough bread recipe you will know that preparing the dough of this fermented bread requires at least a little patience.
The truth is that it is simple but the task can take more than a day because the fermentation process takes time. Then we decided to make some changes to the original recipe, to preserve the flavor of the ferment, but not to invest so much time in the preparation of the bread and we have found the perfect Sourdough Bread Recipe.
With our recipe of easy sourdough bread, you will be able to do it in approximately twelve hours. And we should not be dramatic because at least ten hours are waiting, not preparation, in general, it is simple and does not require much effort.
So how to make sourdough bread?
- We will use yogurt because the yogurt lactobacilli will help ferment the dough and with this, we will skip the step of preparing the sourdough or the pre-ferment.
- Then prepare a single dough, leave it fermenting all night, and the next day we will knead it again, then, and wait a couple more hours for it to a sponge and bring to the oven. finally get a delicious bread, crispy on the outside and soft inside.
If you wonder, what to serve with Sourdough Bread Recipe? Well, the answer is simple, you can eat it alone, with sour cream, with butter or as a companion to a meal. And if you feel a little more gourmet, it is ideal for making bruschettas a la capressa.
The sourdough bread has just 123 calories per slice and is delicious.
Can I freeze Sourdough Bread?
Yes, you can freeze this bread for up to 3 weeks, and then you just have to defrost it, cut it into slices and toast a little in the oven.
What to serve with Sourdough Bread Recipe?
The sourdough bread recipe can be eaten alone, toasted with butter and jam, as an accompaniment with other dishes. The possibilities are endless.
how to make sourdough bread?
This bread only requires patience; The first step is to knead all the ingredients together until the dough gets the desired point, leave the dough fermenting overnight, knead again, rest a couple more hours and bake.
how many calories in Sourdough Bread Recipe?
Bread has fewer calories than people think, if you choose whole wheat bread it is healthier and helps you keep feeling full. Usually, the bread is prepared with water and flour, not including butter, eggs or milk tend to be healthier. Each thick slice of easy bread sourdough bread has 123 calories.
HOW TO MAKE EASY SOURDOUGH BREAD
- • 3 cups of wheat flour
- • 14 g of dry or powdered yeast
- • ½ cup Greek yogurt
- • ¾ cup of water
- • 1 tsp of salt
- • ½ tsp of sugar
- • ½ cup sour cream (optional as a companion)
- The night before preparing the Sourdough Bread Recipe you must make the dough that you will bake the next day. The first step is to activate the yeast, for this, take ¼ cup of water and heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave, the water should be warm, not hot.
- Pour the warm water, next to the half tsp of sugar and the yeast in the bowl where you will knead.
- Stir very well with a spoon and wait about 20 minutes. If all went well, you will notice that a lot of foam has formed and you will feel the characteristic smell of yeast. Then you can proceed to add salt, yogurt, and flour little by little to prepare the Sourdough Bread Recipe.
- Add the rest of the water and pour the dough on a flat, clean surface where you can knead it. If your dough is very dry you can add a little more water, I add a tablespoon at a time to test the consistency of the dough.
- Knead patiently for about 10 minutes until all the dough comes off your fingers.
- Stretch the dough a little with a roller, and as if it were cloth, take the ends of the dough to take them towards the center to form a ball. Bend your dough at least 3 times, this will help ferment.
- Sprinkle some flour into the bowl I use to knead and place the dough inside, cover it and leave the dough fermenting overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning or after the first ten hours, remove the dough from the container, knead once more to extract the air from the dough and form a ball.
- Place the dough ball in a plastic bag and store it in your refrigerator for two more hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 360ºF, put the dough in an iron pot with a previously floured lid and cook for 25 minutes. When the first 15 minutes have elapsed, remove the lid from the pot to let the bread brown on top.
- When golden brown on top, remove the pot from the oven. And voila, the sourdough bread recipe is ready!
- Let cool out of the pot on a rack (so that the air circulates well), at least for 20 minutes and that's it.
Leave a Reply