Bananas are delicious and full of vitamins and minerals. bananas have a less known substance, called tryptophan, which helps fight depression. It is a wonderful fruit.
Its high fructose content, as well as its texture, making it ideal for incorporation into many healthy desserts. Some of these desserts, including a couple of bananas, do not require additional refined sugar, which is quite interesting.
This version of the easy banana cake recipe is not vegan, but if you want to make a vegan version, you can substitute the two eggs for an additional banana and the butter, for vegetable shortening or coconut oil and that’s it, you have a perfect vegan recipe.
Once you prepare the easy banana cake recipe, when it is cold and unmold, you can cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the freezer, so you can keep it even for a couple of weeks and when you remove it from the freezer, just defrost it and it will be fresh and perfect to eat If you don’t want to freeze,
What icing goes with banana cake?
The perfect icing is made with cream cheese and confectionary sugar. If you want it to be a little less dense, you can add a little sour cream and if you want to give it a special touch, sprinkle with a little sea salt.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Banana Cake
After crushing the bananas, it is better to blend them for a softer finish.
Does banana cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes, the banana cake can be kept refrigerated for up to seven days. If you are going to keep it in the fridge for several days, it is best not to add icing.
The best way to keep frozen it is wrapped in several layers of film. Do not put anything on it while it is in the freezer because it can fall apart.
More Banana Recipes You’ll Love
How to Make Banana Cake Recipe
- For the cake
- • ¾ cup of softened butter (150 g)
- • 1 cup of sugar (225 g)
- • 1 tsp vanilla essence
- • 2 eggs
- • 3 ½ cup wheat flour (375 g)
- • 3 tsp baking powder
- • 5 banana ripes
- For the icing
- • ½ cup cream cheese (100 g)
- • ¼ cup sour cream (40 g)
- • 1 tsp vanilla essence
- • 1 cup confectionary sugar (100 g)
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C / 300 ° F. Prepare a square baking sheet smeared with butter in case you have a silicone mold. If you are going to use a glass or metal mold, spread with butter and then add flour. We occupy a 30 cm square tray of silicone. We prefer to make the easy banana cake recipe in a square mold, but if you prefer you can use a round mold.
- In the mixing bowl, add the moist ingredients: the eggs, the butter, and the vanilla essence and beat them for about 5 minutes until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In another separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and add it little by little to the mixture of wet ingredients
- While adding the flour little by little, peel the bananas and place them on a deep plate, and with a potato masher, mash the bananas and add them to the mixture. Beat at high speed for a few more minutes until all the ingredients have mixed together.
- Take the cake to the oven and cook it for about 30 to 40 minutes until its surface turns golden and when you insert a toothpick it comes out dry.
- Let the cake cool about 30 minutes before unmolding. At this point, the easy banana cake recipe will be ready, and if you want to save some calories you should not put the icing.
- Meanwhile, add all the icing ingredients in the blender and mix until they are integrated. Take this mixture to the freezer for about 15 minutes before placing it on the cake.
- Unmold the cake on a flat plate, make sure it is cold and cover with the glaze.
- If you wish, you can add a handful of chopped nuts on top.
MY LAST VIDEO
Leave a Reply