If you ask me, what is the most delicious dessert I have eaten recently? I will confidently tell you that this is a saltine toffee.
It is so yummy! If you will cook saltine toffee following this recipe, everyone will ask you from where you bought this delicious mouth-watering dessert, they won’t even believe that you have cooked it on your own.
How to make saltine toffee?
First of all, you should make a 9×13 form of foil; put salted crackers at the bottom to fill the surface.
Then you should cook sugar and butter until smooth. Then, you should pour sugar mixture on crackers, spread with a spoon evenly, put in the oven for 10 minutes, ~ 375 degrees, before bubble formation.
Then take out this form from the oven. Then you should put chocolate crisps on the top, spread it with a spatula and wait when it melts entirely.
When chocolate crisps melt completely, put chopped nuts on the top, put sweets to freeze for a couple of hours.
After freezing, take the form out of the fridge. Then you should break butterscotch into pieces.
How long does saltine toffee last?
Salted toffees are stored for a long time up to 5days, it definitely won’t go bad, but I think that they will eaten so fast you won’t even have to store it, I’m preparing a new portion next day.
Step by Step to Make Saltine Toffee
- Step 1. You should shoot foil shape 9×13, any will do, which you can warm in the oven.
You should put the whole salted crackers at the bottom of the form so that there is no free space, if you have no free space – you can break some of the crackers and fill it up.
- Step 2. in a medium saucepan add butter, brown sugar, put on fire, and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mass will be homogeneous and the sugar melts.
- Step 3. You should pour sugar mixture on crackers, spread with a spoon evenly, and put in the oven for 10 minutes, ~ 375’ F, before bubble formation.
- Step 4. You should put chocolate crisps on the top, spread it with a spatula, and wait until it melts entirely.
- Step 5. When chocolate crisps melt, put chopped nuts on top, then put sweets to freeze for a couple of hours (2-3hours).
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT SALTINE TOFFEE
You can use optional salty crackers, but I like the combination of salty and sweet, so I use it.
If you haven’t got a form 9×13, take any other similar in size, sometimes make a double portion of toffees immediately in a large baking sheet, and then just multiply the number of ingredients by 2.
If you haven’t got brown sugar, you can try something else, for example, usual white sugar or coconut sugar.
How to store saltine toffee?
It is better to keep butterscotch in the fridge, that way chocolate will not melt away, but if the temperature is cool in your kitchen-you can keep it in a closed container or in a plate .it will maintain its taste and form.
Can you freeze saltine toffee?
Yes, of course. You can freeze toffee. Do it gradually first, put in the fridge for several hours so that the chocolate doesn’t melt, wait until it defrosts a little bit, serve it with your favorite tea and enjoy.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Butter Pecan Cookies For Tea Time
- How Do You Make A Moist Granny Cake?
- The 3 Ingredient Cookie
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Mini Lemon Drop Cakes
SALTINE TOFFEE CANDY WITH PECANS
- 20 saltine crackers optional (1 package)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- You should cover the shape with foil and lay crackers at the bottom until there is no free space.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, brown sugar, put on fire, and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mass will be homogeneous and the sugar melts.
- After that, pour sugar mixture on crackers, spread with a spoon evenly, put in the oven for 10minutes, ~ 375’ F, before bubble formation. Then take out this form from the oven. Put chocolate crisps on the top, spread it with a spatula, and wait until it melts completely.
- When chocolate crisps meltaway, put chopped nuts on top, put sweets to freeze for a couple of hours.
- You can replace pecans with walnuts if desired.
- It will be very delicious if you spread nut paste on crackers before you add sugar mass.
- To get crispy toffees you should bake it with sugar (for more than 10 minutes)