Here is Wendy’s copycat chili a must-have recipe at home! Rich and full of flavor what more can I say. I’ve cooked this a dozen of times before and it never fails me. With loads of beans and veg, it keeps me and the family full and satisfied each dinner time.
With the perfect amount of heat in a vibrant tomato sauce the beans and veg just soak up every little ounce of flavor leaving you with an empty plate! Serve with sour cream and fresh coriander to bring the heat down or fluffy rice to really get the most out of this chili.
How to make WENDY’S CHILI IN THE SLOW COOKER
- Steps 1. Brown the ground beef on the stovetop, then drain the fat and add to the slow cooker along with the green bell pepper, chopped celery, and onion.
- Steps 2. Then add in the beans to the slow cooker also.
- Steps 3. Next, add in the seasonings and diced tomatoes.
- Steps 4. Lastly, add in the tomato sauce and beef broth then place the lid on and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
Baking Tips For WENDY’S CHILI IN THE SLOW COOKER
- If you want to make this chili go further you can also use black beans. They make a great addition and compliment the beans already listed in this recipe.
- Fresh coriander is also a great addition to this dish, chop some fresh coriander leaves and either add to the slow cooker or use as a garnish when serving. It tastes amazing with the chili powder!
- If you don’t have a big enough slow cooker or one at all you can use this recipe on the stovetop too, I would recommend cooking time for approx 1 hour.
What kind of meat is in wendy’s chili?
Wendy’s copycat chili uses fresh ground beef, this is the best meat to use for chili as it’s rich and full of flavor and complements the tomato and beans really well.
Can you freeze wendy’s chili?
Yes of course. You can freeze Wendy’s chili for up to 3 months. You can buy those super handy zip lock freezer food bags so you can just scoop the chili into the bags and grab one to defrost during the day or even overnight. Perfect for meal preps!
Can you reheat wendy’s chili?
Yes, you can reheat Wendy’s chili. I can imagine with this amount of chili there will be some leftover for sure!
To eat later in the day or the day after simply reheat safely in either the microwave or oven until piping hot throughout as this will avoid any harmful bacteria forming on the food
More SLOW COOKER Recipes You’ll Love
- THE ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
- SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER POOR MAN’S STEW
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 29oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 29oz can of kidney beans (drained)
- 1 29oz can of pinto beans (drained)
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 ribs of celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups beef broth
- On the stovetop cook the ground beef until browned well
- Once cooked, drain the fat and then place the ground beef into the slow cooker
- Add in the rest of the ingredients listed as well as the seasonings
- Place the lid on and cook on LOW for 8 hours and HIGH for 4 hours
- Serve with sour cream and chilies or fluffy rice. Enjoy!
Delicious:) I used ground venison hamburger and Italian sausage instead of beef. It was requested for another batch ASAP!
This was actually delicious. I used minced onion when browning meat because my husband doesn’t like pieces of onion in his food. Turned out great! I shared some with friends and they all loved it! Definitely recommend!
Easy to make … delicious … Tastes just like Wendie’s chili … DUUUUH
Good to know, thanks!