This slow cooker chicken and gravy recipe will for sure be your families new favorite. Succulent chicken breast in a heart warming gravy will have your tastebuds going. With prep time under 10 minutes simply chuck all the ingredients and your good to go!
Parents no more difficulty prepping meals whilst running around after the kids, with this super useful slow cooker you just sit back and relax whilst it does all the cooking for you.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- Step 1. Season chicken breast with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- Step 2. In the slow cooker, mix together the gravy packets, condensed chicken soup until smooth. Add some paprika, garlic powder, black powder, and salt.
- Step 3. Place the chicken breast in the slow cooker and cover completely with the sauce
- Step 4. Place the lid on and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Step 5. Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred accordingly
- Step 6. Add the sour cream to the slow cooker and give it a whisk. Pour this over the chicken
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- You can use a small amount of cornstarch in the gravy to make it thicker and smoother
- Cut slits in the chicken breast, this way the chicken will absorb more flavor
HOW TO SHRED THE CHICKEN
Using a fork and knife pull at the slow cooker chicken and gravy as if cutting up food for a child.
DO YOU NEED TO ADD LIQUID TO CHICKEN IN A SLOW COOKER?
In this case for slow cooker chicken and gravy, it’s best to add a little water as this will work out better for the consistency of your dish.
If chicken is cooked alone then no liquid is needed as the meat will produce its own liquids.
HOW TO STORE CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY?
The slow cooker chicken and gravy can be stored safely in the slow cooker with the heat off for up to 2 hours.
After 2 hours it should be stored safely in a container in the fridge
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- SLOW COOKER POOR MAN’S STEW
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup of condensed chicken soup
- 2 packets of chicken gravy granules
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream
- Turn on your slow cooker to the “low” option.
- To the slow cooker add water, condensed chicken soup, and the gravy packets, combine well.
- Season this mixture with paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt, Add-in seasoned chicken breasts with black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place the lid on and let this cook for 4-5 hours. Once cooked cut the chicken to your desire.
- Finally, add in the sour cream and pour over your chicken just before serving.