Slow cooker hamburger hash is quick, easy, and inexpensive. The perfect comfort dish with autumn approaching I assure you this recipe will be a keeper!
Browned beef well seasoned with creamy mushroom soup and soft fluffy potatoes I mean what more could you ask for at the dinner table right? With prep time under 30 minutes and cooking all in one pot not to mention minimal washing up, this recipe will surely become a staple in your home.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash?
For slow cooker hamburger hash the majority of the ingredients, you should find in your cupboard. You will need ground beef, onion, potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, corn, and cheese. For seasonings, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
How to make Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
- Step 1. Brown the ground beef and onion in a pan.
- Step 2. Cut the potatoes into cubes leaving the skin on then add to the slow cooker.
- Step 3. Add the ground beef and onions, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and half the cheese. Stir together and flatten out.
- Step 4. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
- If you don’t have russet potatoes you can use standard white potatoes or Maris piper potatoes
- Caramelise the onions and ground beef to add more texture and flavour to your dish
- Add dried parsley with the cream of mushroom soup this add a herby flavour to go with the meat
Do You Have To Cook Ground Beef Before Putting It In The Crockpot?
You don’t have to cook the ground beef but it’s a great step to include because it adds more flavour to the slow cooker hamburger hash.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash?
Serve with a light salad or garlic bread.
How To Store Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash?
You can store this safely in the fridge for up to 3 days.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- AMAZING SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- SLOW COOKER POOR MAN’S STEW
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 21.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 15.25 oz corn
- 1 1/2 lb russet potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- In a pan brown the ground beef and diced onions then add some salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and add to the slow cooker
- Once the ground beef and onions are cooked add this to the slow cooker, followed by the soup and corn
- Add in 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and give everything a mix
- Place the lid on and cook for 5 hours on a low setting
- Top with more cheese and cook for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!