There are many ways to cook chicken in the world, but there will always be that one recipe that you fall in love with and you will use it again and again. Yes, I am talking about the parmesan-crusted chicken. I don’t even remember when I first tried that recipe. I think it was some 20 years ago, and yet this recipe is still on the top of my recipe list.
PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
Trust me, this recipe will be one of your favorites. This recipe’s secret is in the right roasting and pounding. Aromas of the cooking chicken are so awesome for me! My family doesn’t leave any piece of the chicken by the next day, they eat it all with a huge appetite!
What is Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
Parmesan crusted chicken is a quick and delicious snack. Succulent chicken meat with cheese crispy crust is an ideal, second-to-none match! I cook chicken by this recipe for children’s lunch as a main course.
I myself like to make the chicken spicier and enjoy the tasty snack. Everything depends on your preferences!
How To make Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
- Step 1. Cut the chicken breast in half, pound it under the cling film.
- Step 2. Mix one egg with water in 1:1 proportion in a deep dish, beat the mixture until it becomes smooth, add as much garlic, salt, and pepper as you desire and mix it once more.
- Step 3. Pour parmesan into a separate dish and dip the chicken in the beaten egg, let the remnants of the egg fall off the chicken,
- Put it into parmesan, cover it with parmesan on all sides and shake off the extra pieces. Do the same with all other pieces of the chicken.
- Step 4. Put butter on a large pan and heat it up on a large fire. Now put pieces of chicken on the pan and don’t touch them until the edges of the chicken become ruddy (so that the cheese sticks to the chicken, around 2.5-3.5 minutes).
- Step 5. Flip the chicken with a paddle and fry the other side the same way for 2-3 minutes. Put the cooked parmesan-crusted chicken on the plate and serve!
Do You Cover Parmesan-crusted Chicken?
Do not cover the pan with the lid, if you do, the chicken will be steam roasted and the crust won’t appear. I also advise you not to cover the cooked chicken, let it cool down a bit.
Can You Freeze Parmesan-crusted Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken, but I advise you to eat it in 3 days, it doesn’t spoil in this time and can be easily put into the fridge. If you freeze it, the cheese crust will not be crispy after defrosting.
Baking Tips PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
1. You may use more spices and chop chicken into smaller pieces, this way you will get awesome chicken nuggets!
2. I advise you not to replace powdered parmesan cheese with anything else.
3. You may add finely chopped fresh potherbs to the egg.
4. Make sure to heat the pan and butter up well so that the chicken doesn’t catch the pan.
What To Serve With Parmesan-crusted Chicken?
Chicken goes really well with boiled or baked potatoes; you can cook rice with vegetables. You may also make awesome sandwiches with Amish Broccoli Salad, fresh vegetables, and our chicken
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
1) Cajun chicken with bell peppers
2) Chicken stew
3) Baked Bang bang chicken
4) Fall-off-the-bone chicken
5) Alice springs chicken recipe (outback copycat)
6) Marry me chicken
PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
- • 2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- • 1 Egg
- • 1/2 Minced Garlic
- • 1/2 Black Pepper
- • 1/2 Salt
- • 2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- • 4 tbsp Butter
- • 1 tsp Water
- Cut the chicken breast in half and pound it with a hammer under the cling film.
- Mix the egg with water, add garlic, salt, pepper, mix everything again
- First, dip the meat in the beaten egg then in the cheese.
- Put a piece of butter on a large pan and heat the pan up.
- When the pan is well heated up, put the chicken on it. Fry it on one side for around 3 minutes, you can tell the chicken is ready by looking at the edges: they should become ruddy, when that happens flip the chicken and fry the other side the same way. Put the cooked pieces on a plate.
- You can cook this meal with another sort of meat, turkey for example.
- If you want to make the dish more filling, you may add flour or coating to the cheese and mix them.
- You may also cook this chicken in the oven on a parchment paper, it will take 15 minutes with 180 degrees Celsius.
- Don’t hesitate to play around with spices, they play an important role in the taste of the meal.
Leave a Reply