How often do you use convenience foods? I mean home cooking. Or do you cook all at once and eat all at once? The nutritional mood of my household can be completely different.
Now they are hungry like wolves, after a few hours they are watching a figure and sit on a diet. But, there should always be something at hand to add to the finished meal.
How to cook shredded chicken?
First, boil the chicken in salted water. Add spices as desired. After cooking, grind the chicken in a blender. Or shred it using two forks, a knife, or simply tear apart with your fingers.
- Rinse boneless and skinless chicken breasts and put in a saucepan. Adjust the size of the saucepan to the number of breasts. If you need to cook a lot of chicken breasts, you can use two saucepans.
- Add salt and ground pepper. The amount is optional and adjustable to your taste (0.5-1 teaspoon). I use homemade seasoning which includes kosher salt, ground black pepper, and dried garlic.
- Pour in cold water so that the breasts are completely covered. If you need to cook quickly, use boiling water.
- Boil chicken breasts over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Use a cooking dipstick to measure the temperature inside the breast. If the sensor indicates 165 F, the chicken is ready. You can pierce the breasts with a knife or fork and break it a little. The white color of the meat inside without pink veins indicates its readiness. Do not cook chicken for longer than 15 minutes! The meat will become dry and stiff.
- Put the breasts on a chopping board. Using two forks, shred the meat into pieces of the required size and length. Or wait until they cool slightly and cut with a knife.
- Use shred chicken immediately in a dish or put it in a container and store it in the refrigerator.
What is the best way to shred chicken breast?
There are several ways. The first and easiest is to put the chicken in a hand blender and shred the chicken to the desired state with short pulses.
The second is to tear it into pieces with two forks or with your hands. Just make sure the chicken is cool enough!
Third – chop the chicken with a knife and add it directly to salads or pasta.
How do you shred cooked chicken?
I don’t like dirtying extra dishes, because I will have to wash them later. Thus, I do not use a blender. Most often, I shred the chicken by dividing large pieces with two forks. Then with my fingers, I tear it into small pieces.
What do you eat with shredded chicken?
Most often I cook such a chicken for the future. I store it in the refrigerator and add it to cooked food for several days. For example, in the morning you can cook scrambled eggs with the addition of shredded chicken.
At lunch, add this chicken when cooking soup. In the evening, add it to a vegetable salad or pasta.
What can I make with shredded chicken?
The use of shredded chicken is limited only by your imagination. Here are some ideas:
- Scalloped Corn Casserole
- Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni
- Reuben Bake
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Fried eggs and omelets
- Risotto and pilaf.
How long does shredded chicken last in the fridge?
You can store shredded chicken in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Or put it in a sealed container with a lid and store in the freezer for several months.
BAKING TIPS FOR Shredded Chicken
When cooking chicken, you can add your favorite seasonings or herbs for a special flavor. For example, curry or turmeric will give the chicken a beautiful yellow color. Also in the water, you can add a whole onion, black pepper peas, allspice, or bay leaf.
You can use broth after cooking as intended. For soup, stews, or unsweetened cereals.
☟ More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts — 8 to 12 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Fold the chicken breasts in a saucepan.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour in cold water so that the breasts are completely covered.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. To check the chicken’s readiness - break apiece. The meat inside should be white without pink streaks. Or use a cooking dipstick. Temperature 165 F indicates its readiness.
- Put the breasts on the board and shred them using two forks. Or cut with a knife.
- To prepare a large number of breasts, use a large pan or two sauté pan.
- If you need to cook quickly, pour breasts with boiling water.
- If you do not have a cooking dipstick, use a knife or fork. Pierce the breast and break it a little. Inside, the meat should be white, without pink veins.
- Do not cook chicken for more than 15 minutes. The meat will become dry and stiff.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT