Olive oil cake is my favorite. Least time – greatest pleasure. This is a universal tender cake using a large amount of olive oil. You will not like it only if you do not like the aroma of olive oil.
But I hasten to reassure you that the aroma is unobtrusive and goes well with the general sweetness. The aroma of almonds and vanilla sets the tone for your pastry.
What is olive oil cake?
To make such a pie, beat eggs with sugar, then add olive oil, whole milk, almond, and vanilla extracts. Then add flour, salt, and baking powder and knead a homogeneous batter. Bake until golden brown a little more than half an hour, grease with olive oil and serve!
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC OLIVE OIL CAKE
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan, grease the bottom and walls with a thin layer of oil, or use a cooking spray. I bake such a cake in the culinary ring, from the bottom with the foil.
- Step 2. In a large bowl, combine three large eggs and 150 grams of sugar. Beat with a whisk at high speed from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 3. Reduce speed to the smallest and smoothly pour half a cup of olive oil.
- Step 4. When the olive oil mixes well with the egg mixture, pour half a cup of milk. The mixer continues to operate at the smallest speed.
- Step 5. Add vanilla extract and almond extract to the mixture. I have these highly concentrated extracts, so 3 to 5 drops are enough for this amount of dough. Add these ingredients based on availability and guided by your taste.
- Step 6. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 7. Sift the flour mixture through a sieve into a bowl with the batter. Mix at low speed until smooth. Stop the mixer, clean the bowl walls of the dough, and mix everything again.
- Step 8. Pour the dough into the prepared pan and place in the oven. The baking time is 30-40 minutes. After 30 minutes from the start of baking, check the cake for readiness with a toothpick or bamboo skewer. Pierce the cake in the center and remove the skewer. If it’s wet, the cake isn’t ready yet.
- Step 9. Allow the cake to completely cool, then remove it from the mold and place it on the dish. Grease with fresh olive oil on top, garnish as desired, and serve.
What does olive oil cake taste like?
This olive oil cake is very tender and moist. Slightly sweet and porous. The aroma of almonds and vanilla perfectly sets off the smell of olive oil.
What to serve with olive oil cake?
The taste of the cake is self-sufficient. But you can easily serve it with berry and citrus jams. Also, you can cut this cake lengthwise into 2 cakes. Spray some alcohol, such as liquor. Then grease with whipped cream or cream cheese. Or, you can add to the batter before baking:
- Chocolate chips,
- Zest of orange or lemon
- Dried fruits
- Pieces of fresh fruit (peaches / blueberries / raspberries / cherries)
- Nuts (almonds / pistachios)
- Poppy seeds.
Every time I experiment with serving. And this time I decorated the cake with microgreen seedlings.
BAKING TIPS FOR OLIVE OIL CAKE
- To get the cake easily out of the cake pan, go with the tip of the knife between the wall of the pan and the edge of the pie.
- Store this cake at room temperature in cling film or foil.
- If desired, you can cut the cake lengthwise into 2 cakes. Grease the bottom cake with a layer of cream and cover with a second.
How long does olive oil cake last?
At room temperature, this cake is stored for 2-3 days. Wrap it with cling film or foil to protect it from airing. If longer, store in the refrigerator.
How to store olive oil cake?
Such a cake is best stored at room temperature. Wrap the cake carefully in cling film or foil.
More Recipes Cake You’ll Love
- Easy Banana Cake Recipe
- No-Bake Classic Woolworth Cheesecake
- The Best No-bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (112 grams) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (120 grams) whole milk
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) almond extract
- 1½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare round cake pan with oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar at high speeds.
- 3. Pour olive oil into the mixture at low speed, then add milk, then extracts.
- 4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder and sift into a bowl with batter. Mix by periodically cleaning the walls of the bowl from the dough.
- 5. Pour the dough into a cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check the readiness of the cake with a bamboo skewer.
- 6. Cool the cake, remove from the cake pan, grease with oil, put on a dish and serve.
- 8-inch round cake pan - perfect size. If the pan is larger, the cake will turn out flat. If less - there is a risk that the cake will not bake inside.
- Do not neglect the amount of baking powder. Read the instructions and take the required amount. If you take too little, the cake does not rise. If you take too much, the cake will grow sharply, after which the center will fail.
- To check the cake for readiness, pierce it in the center with a bamboo skewer or a toothpick. If the skewer is wet - the cake is not ready yet.