Best homemade Corn dogs can now be cooked on your own! Delicious, juicy, fast, and really simple. Most importantly, choose high-quality hot dogs (beef, chicken, or turkey, depending on your taste). The dough is prepared from dry (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, soda) and wet ingredients (buttermilk, eggs).
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CORN DOGS?
These homemade Corn dogs go well with any salads, as well as fresh or baked vegetables. You can try the following recipes: Shrimp Pasta Salad, Amish Broccoli Salad. You can also make a super delicious hot dog sauce yourself.
HOW TO MAKE CORN DOGS?
- Prepare hot dogs: dry with paper or regular towel, then put on a long bamboo skewer, piercing, but not completely.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk with eggs and stir with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the buttermilk and egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a hand whisk until smooth. Set aside and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep skillet or saucepan and bring it to 375 F. over medium heat. Pour the dough into a tall glass and slowly dip the hotdog on a skewer into it.
- Put the hot dog into the hot oil quickly and carefully. There must be enough oil to completely cover the hot dog, otherwise, the dough will slip. Fry about 4 minutes until golden brown, turning the hot dog.
- Arrange hot corn dogs with special tongs on a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack. Garnish with ketchup or mustard, serve while hot.
CAN CORN DOGS BE REFRIGERATED?
Wait until corn dogs are completely cool, put them in a container with a lid, and put them in the refrigerator.
Store no more than 2-3 days. Be sure to warm it up before use, for example in the microwave, it tastes better!
HOW TO KEEP CORN DOGS FROM CRACKING:
Cracks can occur if you’ve overcooked corn dogs. First, the oil in the skillet should be kept at a constant temperature over medium heat. Second, if you are microwaving your corn dogs, do it on medium power and not too long.
Best homemade Corn dogs
- 12 hot dogs
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 3 tablespoon. granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Ketchup, Mustard
- Blot the hot dogs dry with a napkin, pierce with a bamboo skewer.
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. In the other, beat the buttermilk and eggs with a fork. Combine both mixtures and whisk until smooth.Let the dough stand for about 5 minutes, then pour into a tall glass. In the meantime, heat enough oil in a deep skillet to 375F.
- Dip the hot dog into the dough, place in hot oil. Cook 3 to 5 corndogs at a time for about 4 minutes, turning if necessary until golden brown.
- Place the corndogs on a paper towel, garnish with the sauce and serve.
- The dough should stand for about 5-10 minutes at room temperature before use.
- Corn dogs with sugar should be cooked in well-heated oil. It is best to use a cooking dipstick to measure the temperature.