Crack sticks recipe – delicious, fast, fun, and very crispy!
I call this a just-for-fun-recipe. Its preparation will not take you more than 10 minutes! No dough fiddling, no complicated instructions. Everything is so simple that even children can cook it.
If guests are on the doorstep and you have nothing to treat them with, remember this recipe!
CRACK STICKS INGREDIENTS;
- White bread – Use fresh white toast bread. Choose a fine-pored texture. This will allow the bread to flatten well under the rolling pin. Stale and dry bread will crumble.
- Cream cheese – is the base of the cinnamon crack bread filling. You can use mascarpone or ricotta as you like.
- Powdered sugar – it is necessary for whipping with cream cheese. It dissolves well and will not crunch on your teeth.
- Regular sugar – you will need it to roll bread in it. The sugar will caramelize slightly when baked and will create a nice crispy crust around the bread.
- Cinnamon – we mix it with sugar to get an incredible aroma and taste.
- Butter – melt it beforehand. We need it in order to dip the rolls into it before rolling in cinnamon sugar. Use high-quality, high-fat butter.
HOW TO MAKE CRACK BREAD WITH CREAM CHEESE?
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bread crusts from all sides. Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin.
- Place a teaspoon of cream cheese on the bread and roll it up.
- Dip the roll in melted butter. It will be convenient to do this in a flat bowl with sides.
- Then roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot or chilled.
CRACK STICKS VARIATIONS;
Crack bread with cream cheese cooking variations is limited only by your imagination!
You can put pieces of fresh fruit or berries on top of the creme. It can be strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and the others you like. also, add chocolate chips there.
Make them salty! Swap the cream cheese for slices of hard cheese, dip in butter and sprinkle with spices, herbs, and coarse salt.
- I recommend using fresh toast bread with a fine texture. Stale bread will crumble.
- If you want less fat in this recipe, simply spray on the oil instead of dipping.
- Rolls should be laid out on a baking sheet, seam down so that it does not unwind during baking.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES!
- SAUSAGE STUFFED JALAPENOS
- CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- STUFFED PASTA SHELLS WITH GROUND BEEF
- BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 16 slice white bread (crust removed)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- In one bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. In another, combine sugar and ground cinnamon. Pour melted butter into the third bowl.
- Cut off the crusts from the bread, roll each slice with a rolling pin. Spread the cream cheese on the bread, roll it up, dip in butter, then in cinnamon sugar.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.