Shrimp pasta salad with ranch dressing is a quick and satisfying salad. Lots of shrimp, bright vegetables, creamy aromatic dressing – this salad may well become an independent dish. Try to rate!
WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN A PASTA SALAD?
- Spiral-shaped pasta – this type of pasta is great for salads due to its swirling shape, which perfectly collects the dressing.
- Shrimp – I prefer to use peeled, cooked medium shrimp. This makes the salad preparation process easier and faster.
- Tomato and sweet red pepper add freshness and brightness to the salad.
- Green onion and parsley also add brightness, flavor, and aroma.
- Mayonnaise, ranch dressing, seafood cocktail sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper – all these ingredients combine to form an excellent sauce. Moderately spicy, moderately creamy, with a slight sourness. Just what you need for a seafood salad.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP PASTA SALAD?
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to the directions on the package. Throw the pasta into a colander, drain the water, let it cool. In a bowl, combine all for dressing: mayonnaise, ranch dressing, seafood cocktail sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Place cooked pasta in a deep bowl. Add shrimp, chopped tomato and sweet red pepper, sliced green onion, and parsley. Stir.
- Add the dressing and stir the salad. (Use all the dressing for a super creamy salad. If you don’t like a lot of dressing use 1/2 -3/4). Remember that as it sets the pasta will absorb some of the dressing and you can add a little more at any time.
HOW LONG DOES SHRIMP PASTA SALAD LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
Shrimp pasta salad with mayo is kept in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days. Make sure the salad is stored properly. Place it in a container with an airtight lid and do not leave it warm for long.
DO YOU RINSE PASTA WHEN MAKING PASTA SALAD?
I rinse the pasta out with cold water if I’m in a hurry and need to serve salad quickly. Coldwater stops cooking and cools, but the pasta may stick together. Thus, the washed paste should be used immediately, mixing with the rest of the ingredients and dressing.
CAN I MAKE PASTA SALAD THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Of course, the pasta salad with shrimp recipe is perfect to prepare the day before. In this case, use only 1/2 dressing and add the rest just before serving.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CREAMY TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
- WHITE CHEDDAR CHICKEN PASTA
- CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
SHRIMP PASTA SALAD
- 3 cups spiral-shaped pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the package, drain the water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Combine pasta, shrimp, chopped vegetables, onion, and parsley. Use 1/2 or all of the salad dressing to your taste.
The sauce is excellent. I didn’t use as much lemon juice. I added a little at a time until I liked the taste. I also used frozen jumbo shrimp and spiraled zucchini in place of the noodles. You don’t cook the zucchini. I didn’t use tomatoes. This is a keeper