Bang Bang Sauce is an easy and quick homemade sauce in a minute! Spicy, creamy, sweet, and so perfect for vegetables, meat, or seafood. Bang Bang Sauce you can use as a batter! And don’t be afraid to experiment. Add or subtract ingredients as you see fit. For a milder taste, reduce the amount of sriracha. For a spicier flavor, add hot chili flakes or ghost peppers. Worcestershire sauce adds depth and Greek yogurt adds creamy.
How to make Bang Bang Sauce from scratch?
It’s just like one plus one. Mix all the liquid ingredients in a deep bowl, add dry spices to taste and that’s it! Store the sauce in a jar or container with an airtight lid in the refrigerator.
- Step 1. Measure out the required amount of mayonnaise, sriracha, syrup, and chili sauce. Mix everything in a deep bowl. (You don’t have to get 4 bowls dirty at once, this is to illustrate the process).
- Step 2. Add ground black pepper and salt, add garlic powder and smoked paprika if desired. Mix everything thoroughly. Store in a jar or container with a lid.
Baking Tips For BANG BANG SAUCE
- Vegan mayonnaise can be substituted for plain mayonnaise or coconut yogurt.
- Adjust the amount of sriracha at your discretion. If you don’t like spicy food, reduce the amount.
- Maple syrup can be replaced with Jerusalem artichoke syrup or other vegetable syrup.
What goes with bang bang sauce?
The use of this sauce is limited only by your imagination. These can be baked vegetables, meat, or poultry. Of course, the most popular option is potatoes, but the others are also worth trying! Here are some examples: Roasted Potatoes and Carrots , Mexican Potatoes, The Best Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
Is bang bang sauce spicy?
Bang bang sauce contains sriracha and it is a very hot sauce (at least for me). But, it diluted well with mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce, so the spiciness level is reduced. Sweet maple syrup balances the flavor perfectly. And yet, the amount of sriracha is at your discretion.
Can you freeze bang bang sauce?
The shelf life of this homemade sauce is no more than 7-10 days. It must be stored in the refrigerator. If you are not using bang bang sauce at a few days, feel free to freeze it. Store in the freezer for 3-4 months, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before use.
BANG BANG SAUCE
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 3 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika as desired.