Kielbasa is a Polish-style smoked sausage that is made from pork, beef, or a mixture of both and flavored with spices such as garlic and marjoram. It is almost always U-shaped, so it’s easily identifiable. If you have never tried it, you are in for a treat.
It is delicious on its own, but recipes with kielbasa are really amazing. Its flavor is so delicious. It makes any recipe better.
You will find many ideas for kielbasa recipes, but I think these are my top 5 favorite ones. They are the best, easy, and most delicious dishes you can serve to your family.
So if you were wondering, “what to cook with kielbasa?” keep on reading.
So let’s get started!
This is a great recipe to get your kids to eat greens. I have no trouble getting them to eat potatoes, and they love kielbasa, so the logical thing was to take two ingredients they love and add a third one they don’t like so much.
The result? A new favorite and nutritious way to eat their veggies!
Kielbasa recipes for dinner are really a lifesaver for me, as you can see, and I will keep using this amazing ingredient to make my family happy for years to come.
Can this sausage casserole be made in the slow cooker?
Believe it or not, yes, you can. You can cook potatoes and green beans in the slow cooker adding every little water.
Just dump all ingredients in the slow cooker, add ¼ cup of water and cook on low for 4 hours.
Tips for making this sausage green bean potato bake:
- Cut the potatoes roughly the same size to make sure they all cook evenly.
- If you like spicy food, add red pepper flakes to the spices.
- Don’t skip the part about sauteing the onion, the flavors that develop really help this dish.
Can I use fresh green beans?
Definitely! They will cook perfectly well in the oven. Since we cover this dish before baking, steam will form inside, helping cook the veggies.
Substitutions and additions:
I love adding more veggies to this dish. Sometimes I add red bell pepper and carrots. Even brussels sprouts taste better added to this dish.
If you don’t like green beans, you can add any other veggie of your choice.
Red baby potatoes are also great on this dish, as well as sweet potatoes. Look at Paula Deen’s Green Bean Casserole for inspiration!
This is the perfect potluck meal. You can take it anywhere, and people will love you for it. Amazingly tasty and so easy to make. It has a bit of everything, and it is hearty and satisfying.
It’s just ground meat, kielbasa sausage, and veggies all cooked together in a fantastic tomato-based sauce.
You just cook the meat and add all other ingredients to the pot. Let it simmer and enjoy.
If you were wondering what to make with kielbasa, this is it. One of the most popular beef kielbasa recipes I have made. I bet your family will love it too.
Ingredients or substitution ideas:
if you are a meat lover, you can add Italian sausage as well as kielbasa, or if you prefer to use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef, you certainly can.
Want to make it a bit spicier? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and chopped jalapenos. Want to make it less spicy? Replace the tomatoes with green chilies with diced tomatoes.
What to serve with Texas cowboy stew?
A big bowl of white rice toasted slices of rustic bread to dip into the sauce are my favorite side dishes, but you can add a salad and don’t forget dessert. I like the No-bake banana pudding cheesecake, lemon cake recipe.
How to store leftovers?
This recipe is amazing a couple of days after as well. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or you can also freeze them for up to 4 months. It is a great meal to have in the freezer for emergencies.
Talk about a hearty and satisfying soup that will warm your body as well as your soul. Come wintertime. This is a regular item on the menu at my house. One of the best kielbasa and potato recipes out there.
This amazing soup can beat the coldest winter nights. I have come to love it so much. It gives me something to look forward to for the winter months.
It’s creamy, cheesy, and delicious. And who doesn’t like a meal that involves sausage and cheese, right? Other great winter soup recipes are Crockpot ham and bean soup, Homemade cream of mushroom soup, and Aguadito de Pollo Peruvian soup.
How can I make this soup healthier?
You can reduce the amount of cheese by half or use low-fat cheeses and milk. Also, skip the first step and not fry the kielbasa with oil. You can add it to the soup along with the veggies and broth.
What to serve with sausage potato soup?
If you think about it, all this meal is missing are some veggies.
So you can either make a salad to go with it or serve it with a green bean casserole, steamed veggies, roasted carrots, or brussels sprouts, and don’t forget a slice of toasted bread to dip into the amazing creamy broth.
Can I use Italian sausage in this soup?
Actually, it is a great substitute for Kielbasa. So go ahead and use it if you like it more or can’t find kielbasa. Although they are not the same, they can be used in the same recipes with great success, like in Italian Sausage with Orzo Soup.
I was invited to a brunch with friends, where everyone had to bring a cooked dish to share. Guess which one was voted the most delicious? You got it! Words cannot describe how tasty these boats are.
If you need new and delicious breakfast ideas, save this one. Or if you were thinking about what to do with kielbasa sausage, make these. I guarantee you everyone who tries them loves them.
They are also great for taking on picnics or your kid’s lunchbox. They are delicious at room temperature and Bacon And Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese or Bundt Cake Breakfast.
Make ahead and freeze baked egg boats:
a great grab-and-go breakfast item to have in the freezer for those days you don’t have time to cook.
Bake the egg boats, let them cool completely, store in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
When ready to eat, you can thaw them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then bake in the toaster oven until hot, and the bread is toasted.
- Not a meat lover? Just use veggies. Try adding peas and carrots.
- I love to make these with asparagus and use Gruyere cheese as well.
- Not a fan of kielbasa? Use Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, or bacon instead.
- Try an Italian version and chopped tomatoes and pesto into the egg mixture.
- Want to go Spanish? Add chorizo, roasted peppers, and olives.
- Mexican? Cooked chicken or ground beef with jalapenos and red onion.
Tips and tricks for egg boat success:
- Do not overstuff the boats, or they might overflow.
- Use sturdy bread like a baguette. If the bread is too soft, it won’t be able to hold the egg mixture.
- Don’t add more liquids than called for, or the eggs won’t cook properly.
- If you feel the bread is getting too brown, but the eggs are still a little runny, place foil over them until the eggs are set.
This is a great recipe idea for low-carb eating. For a long time, people have been making cabbage part of a low-calorie diet, and since keto or low carb diets became popular, cabbage has remained a favorite for its low carb content.
Kielbasa, on the other hand, is high in protein and fat. Something very desirable with these diets, making this one of the best kielbasa recipes if you are on one of these diets. It’s fast, easy, and not too costly.
You can make it over and over again, adding different veggies to change it up a bit. If you follow a low-carb diet to lose weight, this is certainly a recipe for success.
Is this recipe healthy?
It is low carb, so if you are following a low carb diet, this is perfect for you.
Kielbasa can be a bit high in fat content, which is part of the big debate about whether high-fat diets are good for you, but eating in moderation can be a great aid in losing weight when following this diet.
- If trying to keep low carb, add more low carb veggies like eggplant, spinach, celery, or asparagus.
- Add a tablespoon of tomato paste to add another layer of flavor.
- If you don’t like kielbasa, use Italian sausage instead.
What meat goes with fried cabbage?
Any ground meat is perfect for making fried cabbage. You can use ground beef, pork, chicken, or turkey as well as sausage.
It all depends on your preference. If you still want to eat cabbage and are on a cheat day, look for How To Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.
Easy Kielbasa Sausage Recipes
- 1 and 1/2 lbs sausage kielbasa or smoked sausage (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 lbs creamer potatoes or small red potatoes (washed and sliced in half)
- Green beans
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Add potatoes to a sealable food bag and add the oil, seasoning, pepper and red pepper flakes - shake the bag to coat completely
- In a pan, fry the sliced sausage along with the water until most of it has evaporated, remove the sausage and let cool
- Now add the sausage to the food bag. Melt butter in a pan and cook the onions and garli. Allow this to cool also and then add to the food bag
- Finally, add the green beans to the food bab also and give it a shake so all ingredients are well combined. Empty the bag into a 9x13 baking dish
- Cover with foil then cook in the oven for 40 minutes