Turn your breakfast routine into a belly feast with ham and cheese crustless quiche. Simple ingredients, easy preparation, what’s the secret?
The secret is in serving. Prepare crustless quiche in a nice baking dish, cut into portions, sprinkle with herbs or sun-dried tomatoes, and enjoy.
Milk and egg mix creates a light and delicate texture, while ham and cheese will make your meal truly satisfying.
Note: you can replace the ham with boiled chicken fillet or fried bacon.
WHAT GOES IN CRUSTLESS QUICHE?
The recipe for this quiche is very simple and contains affordable products.
These are fried onions, ham, cheese, flour, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Optionally, you can add bell or chilli peppers, replace cheese with your favorite, or use bacon instead of ham.
HOW TO MAKE CRUSTLESS HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE?
- Preheat oven to 390 F, oil a baking dish (9 “* 2” / 22.5cm * 3.1cm works well). Cut the onion into cubes, add a little oil to the skillet and sauté the onion over medium heat until translucent.
- In a deep bowl, combine the diced ham, grated Parmesan cheese, 1 cup grated cheddar, onion, flour, salt, and pepper. If you don’t have self-rising flour, use 1/3 cup regular flour plus 1 tsp—Baking powder.
- Toss everything and place it in a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs with milk and beat until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheddar on top. Place in oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. The quiche will almost increase in size in the baking process. This is normal. It should be so. After you take the mold out of the oven, the quiche will settle. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve hot or cold.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HAM AND CHEESE CRUSTLESS QUICHE?
For serving in this case, your favorite bread, croutons, or focaccia are perfect. You can use our recipes for making homemade bread:
Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread or Easy Sourdough Bread Recipe You can also serve ham and cheese crustless quiche with vegetables (fresh or baked) or with salads: Summer Vinegar Salad, Amish broccoli salad, roasted potatoes, and carrots.
CAN YOU MAKE CRUSTLESS QUICHE THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Yes, of course, it keeps well in the refrigerator. Just put it in the oven or microwave in the morning and heat it. Or you can make all preparations in the evening and bake it in the morning.
Follow all instructions BEFORE baking and refrigerate. Put in the oven in the morning and cook as usual.
HOW TO FREEZE AND REHEAT?
To freeze the quiche, wait until it has completely cooled down, wrap it in foil (preferably with a baking dish), and put it in the freezer.
Store no more than 1-2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before use. Place the pan in a COLD oven, then turn it on and heat the ham and cheese crustless quiche.
- Optionally, you can skip the frying onion and add it raw. But thanks to frying, it acquires a special aroma. Moreover, it removes excess liquid.
- To substitute bacon for ham, sauté the bacon and onion in a skillet, then add to the mixture.
- Feel free to experiment with vegetables. You can add pieces of bell peppers or hot chilli peppers.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CARAMEL APPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- CHEESY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- COPYCAT CRACKER BARREL HASHBROWN CASSEROLE
IMPOSSIBLE QUICHE (CRUSTLESS HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE)
- 1 ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 100g / 3.5 oz Ham, diced
- 1 Brown Onion, diced
- ⅓ cup Self-Raising Flour (or 1/3 cup regular flour plus 1 tsp. baking powder)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 4 eggs
- Fry the diced onion in an oil until transparent.
- In a deep bowl combine ham, 1 cup cheddar, parmesan, onion, flour, salt, and pepper. Stir and place in a greased baking dish (9 "x 2" / 22.5cm x 3.1cm).
- Beat eggs with milk and pour the mixture into the mold. Sprinkle with leftover cheese and bake in an oven preheated to 390F for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.