Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is cooked in one pot in less than 20 minutes. 20 minutes, my friend, and your dinner is ready! This pasta has a creamy taste, it is moderately spicy and a little cheesy.
Rotisserie chicken and Cajun seasoning, of course, make all the weather, create aroma and unique taste. milk, cream, and cheese give a yummy delicate texture. Add some scallions or parsley for vibrant color and enjoy.
Are you still here or have you already escaped to cook??
What do you need to make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta?
Three main ingredients without which this dish will not take place:
Rotisserie chicken, pasta, and Cajun seasoning. Chicken should be chopped, mixed with seasoning (it is convenient to do this in a bag on a zip-loc).
Boil the pasta, drain the water, add milk and cream, then spices, herbs, and salt. Bring to a boil, add chicken, turn off the heat, add grated cheese, then mix everything well.
The full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta from scratch.
- Step 1. Grind the Rotisserie chicken and fold it into the zip-loc bag.
- Step 2. Add the cajun seasoning, close the bag, and shake until the seasoning evenly covers the entire chicken.
- Step 3. Boil the paste according to the instructions, drain the water. Pour milk and cream into a saucepan with pasta, let the sauce simmer over low heat.
- Step 4. Add the scallions, basil, pepper, garlic, salt to the paste and stir.
- Step 5. Add the chopped chicken, stir so that the sauce is all over the saucepan. then Turn off the heat.
- Step 6. Add grated cheese, stir and serve. Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs as desired.
What to serve with Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta?
Baking Tips For Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- You can replace Rotisserie chicken with boiled or fried chicken.
- Substitute Parmesan cheese for your favorite cheese.
- For added spice, you can add chopped chili peppers.
Can you reheat Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta?
There are several ways to reheat this dish. The easiest way is to do it in the microwave.
The second way is to put the pasta in a non-stick skillet, add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover, and heat over low heat. And the third way is to put the pasta in a baking dish and reheat it in the oven at 350F. You can additionally sprinkle cheese on top.
Can you freeze Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta?
Yes, of course, you can freeze this pasta. Wait until it has completely cooled down, put everything in a container with an airtight lid, and put it in the freezer. Store for 3-4 months, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before use.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE
- CHEESY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- JOHNNY MARZETTI CASSEROLE – (GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE)
- SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- CRISPY CHEDDAR CHICKEN
- PAULA DEEN’S AMAZING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 whole Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 oz Rotini, cooked
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half)
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Chop the chicken, put into the zip-lock the bag, add the cajun seasoning, close the bag and shake to cover the entire chicken
- Boil the pasta, drain the water, add milk and cream, and let it boil. Add scallions, basil, pepper, garlic, and salt and stir. Pour in the chicken, stir so that everything is covered with the sauce. Turn off heat, add cheese, stir and serve.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT