This is an amazing Granny Cake with mouth-watering caramel flavor, moist texture, and sweet taste. You will be pleasantly surprised by the delicious taste pineapple gives to this cake.
The Ingredient You’ll Need To Make Granny Cake?
This is a moist, soft, and flavorful Granny Cake. You can easily make this cake at home.
You will need these ingredients for the Granny Cake; Granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, eggs, crushed pineapples with juice, light brown sugar, and chopped pecans.
For the coconut topping, you will need these ingredients – evaporated milk, flaked coconut, granulated sugar, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract. Make this delicious cake once and you will definitely be making it again.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A MOIST GRANNY CAKE?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Granny Cake With Coconut
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix together the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.
- Step 2. Add 2 eggs and 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapples with juice to the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Step 3. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with a cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Step 4. Then, top with 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Step 5. Sprinkle 1 cup light brown sugar over the pecans. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the Granny Cake using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean – the cake is ready.
- Step 6. While the Granny Cake is baking, prepare the topping. In a saucepan, mix together 1 cup evaporated milk, ½ cup granulated sugar, and 1 stick of butter. Bring to a boil.
- Step 7. Add 2 cups flaked coconut and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the hot mixture. Remove the Granny cake from the oven and spread the coconut topping evenly over the top. Switch the oven mode to broil. Broil the Granny cake until the coconut is toasted. Let it cool in the pan. Then, slice and enjoy!
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Granny Cake
- Let the Granny Cake cool and soak completely before serving.
- You can also you dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar.
- You can use walnuts instead of pecans.
How Do I Make My Homemade Cake More Moist And Fluffy?
This Granny Cake is so moist because it is soaked with amazing topping. The topping is made with evaporated milk, melted butter, granulated sugar, flaked coconut, and vanilla extract.
Even if you over-bake the Granny cake, you can drizzle the cake with a topping. Then, let it cool completely and soaked. It would be better to leave the Granny cake to soak overnight. So, it will be moist in the morning.
Homemade Granny Cake is fluffy because it contains large eggs (at room temperature), crushed pineapples with juice, and baking soda. This recipe is quick and easy, so there aren’t any secret ways on how to make it fluffier.
The Granny Cake will definitely turn out fluffy if you follow the cooking instructions.
How To Store Granny Cake?
Store this Granny Cake covered with aluminum foil or plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also place it in an airtight container for storing.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Super Moist Spice Cake
- Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Amazing Lemon Brownies
- Creamy Lemon Squares
- Milk Bar Crack Pie Recipe
- Preacher Cake
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake
GRANNY CAKE WITH COCONUT
For the Granny Cake:
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar;
- 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 1 tsp baking soda;
- ½ tsp salt;
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapples, with juice;
- 1 cup light brown sugar;
- 1 cup pecans, chopped.
For the coconut topping:
- 1 cup evaporated milk;
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- ½ cup granulated sugar;
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted;
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with a cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, mix together granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Then, add eggs and crushed pineapples with juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Then, top with chopped pecans and light brown sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the Granny Cake using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean - the cake is ready.
- While the Granny Cake is baking, prepare the topping. In a saucepan, mix together evaporated milk, granulated sugar, butter. Bring to a boil. Then, stir in flaked coconut and vanilla extract. Remove the Granny cake from the oven and spread the coconut topping evenly over the top. Switch the oven mode to broil. Broil the Granny cake until the coconut is toasted. Let it cool in the pan. Then, slice and enjoy!