This is one of the simplest and most delicious desserts in my life. I strongly recommend you to try to cook Tollhouse famous fudge, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Toll House Famous Fudge
The fudge is perfect for all these cases. I am sure you will see how quickly the plate with the fudge will be emptied, just put it on the table, it’s very tasty.
The chocolate creamy taste reminds me of childhood and careless time. By the way, children also love to treat themselves to this tasty thing.
Another indisputable advantage is that you don’t need any special ingredients, many of us have everything necessary at home. All in all, I can’t even list all the advantages, let’s just cook it with me right now. You must try it!
How do you make fudge from scratch?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Toll House Famous Fudge
- Step 1. Take an 8-9 inches form, it can be smaller/bigger, the height of the dessert depends on the size of the form (the wider the form, the lower the fudge will be, and vice versa).
- Step 2. Take the medium-sized pot and put sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt into it.
- Step 3. Put the pot on medium fire and stir the mass. Get into the boiling point and boil it for 4 minutes after it. The mass has to become smooth. Sugar must dissolve fully. Take the pot off the fire.
- Step 4. Add chocolate morsels, marshmallow, and vanilla extract to the mass. Stir it well until marshmallow melts.
- Step 5. Add nuts and mix the mass.
- Step 6. Put the resulting mixture into the prepared form and put it into the fridge for two hours until the dessert becomes rigid.
- Step 7. Take it out of the form, take off the foil/cling film, cut it into pieces.
What is the difference between caramel and fudge?
The difference is indeed in the taste, the fudge has a sweet chocolate creamy taste and a rigid deep texture. The fudge resembles candies, confectioneries.
Caramel is made of milk and sugar, it is sticky and doesn’t have the chocolate taste. It is used as a sauce, while the fudge is a dessert on its own.
What does fudge taste like?
Toll-house famous fudge is sweet and has a rich taste. It isn’t like any other dessert. The unusual melting texture will be appreciated even by those who don’t like sweets.
The mixture of chocolate, condensed milk, nuts, and marshmallows makes this fudge amazing. It is hard to stop eating after trying the first piece.
Do you have to refrigerate fudge?
Of course, if you don’t let the fudge cool down, it will turn into cream, which can be eaten with a spoon.
After cooling the fudge gets its awesome texture, it will get rigid and become the full-fledged dessert. It needs to be stored in the fridge, too.
Why is my fudge grainy?
I think it could happen because you didn’t boil it for enough time. The sugar didn’t melt and the texture became granular.
I recommend boiling it for 4 minutes after reaching the boiling point so that all the sugar melts and the texture becomes smooth and indiscreet.
How long does fudge last?
The fudge can be stored in the fridge for 4 days. Nothing will happen to it. Just don’t keep it on a plate, put it into some container. But I think you will eat it before 4 days pass.
Baking Tips For Toll House Famous Fudge
- To make the taste more chocolatey you can add more chocolate, but in that case, I advise adding less sugar.
- Use nonstick dishes with fat bottom because sugar becomes rigid and turns into caramel fast when you put it on fire.
- Brown sugar will also go very well with this dessert.
- It isn’t obligatory to take a square form. You can use any, even round, form, it will only change the shape of the fudge
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Ritz Cracker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Original Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
- Lemon Pound Cake
Toll House® Famous Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Things first, get all the ingredients ready. Then prepare the form, I normally pick a small, around 9 inches, form and cover it with foil.
- Put sugar, butter, salt, and condensed milk into the medium-sized pot. Put the pot on the fire and make it boil while constantly stirring it. Boil it for 4 minutes, remember to occasionally stir it a little, the mass has to become smooth and indiscreet. Sugar must dissolve fully.
- Take the pot off the fire and add marshmallows, nuts, chocolate morsels, and vanilla extract. Mix the mass until marshmallow dissolves.
- Put the hot dessert into the form and put it into the fridge to cool down. The fudge should cool in the fridge for two hours, after that take it out and cut it into pieces.
- If you are lactose intolerant you can replace the condensed milk with lactose-free milk.
- Also, if you don’t like nuts, you can replace them with smashed cookies.
- This sweet dessert can be added anywhere you desire, use your fantasy, and make the dessert special.
- If you have some fudge left and you cannot put it into the form, you can add it to porridge or pour it onto muffins for example.