Chocolate peanut madness wrapped in crispy oatmeal – it is all about No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars. There are times when I need to cook many different dishes for a big company.
The oven can be busy non-stop. First meat dishes, then potatoes or some casserole. But nobody canceled the dessert.
No matter how full my guests are, usually, no one refuses dessert. In this case, the No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars recipe is perfect. 15 minutes of work and even an oven is not needed.
In the meantime, the sweet bars are cooling in the refrigerator, I have plenty of time for other things. The worst thing about this sweet is that it’s not possible to tear yourself away! Give it a try!
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars at home?
- Step 1: Cover the parchment with a 9-inch pan.
- Step 2: Add brown sugar and butter in a deep saucepan. Put on a small fire and stirring constantly melt until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Step 3: Pour oatmeal into the melted hot mass and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until everything is mixed and oatmeal is ready.
- Step 4: Put chocolate and peanut butter in another stewpan. Melt and mix well until smooth. There are two ways to do this, in the microwave or in the water bath. I prefer the second way.
- Step 5: Put half the cooked cereal into the prepared pan. Spread over the bottom and squeeze a little.
- Step 6: Pour chocolate peanut mixture on top. 1/4 filling reserve to sprinkle bars on top. Or use chocolate topping.
- Step 7: Cover the top evenly with the remaining oatmeal. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate mixture or use special topping as desired. Put everything in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Step 8: Remove from the refrigerator for a while and then cut into bars. If you did not sprinkle the top of the bars with chocolate filling, now is the time to do it.
Watch the time of the sugar mixture preparation ! If cooking is not enough, the bars will be soft. If cooked too long – crumbly.
How to melt chocolate in a water bath?
Pour boiling water no more than 1 inch into a deep pot and put on a small fire.
Place a wide and deep metal bowl on top.
Make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the boiling water. Put chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl. Stir with a spatula until everything melts and you get a homogeneous mass.
Why are my No-Bake Oatmeal Bars crumbly?
Such bars are crumbly if cooked for too long. Do not boil the butter-sugar mixture.
Once the sugar has melted, add instant oatmeal. Then cook, stirring constantly for another 3-4 minutes.
Can you freeze Chocolate Oatmeal Bars?
Yes, Chocolate Oatmeal Bars can be frozen. To do this, wrap the prepared bar with cling film, then in foil, and put it in the freezer.
Before serving, give them time to thaw in the refrigerator, then at room temperature. Then cut into pieces and serve.
Cooking Options No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
For sprinkling, you can use a sauce of dark or white chocolate, or caramel.
You can add dried cranberries or cherries to oatmeal.
In a chocolate-peanut mixture, you can add chopped nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans).
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, Chocolate Recipes :
- Delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Butterfinger Chocolate And Peanut Butter Lush
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Melt butter and sugar in a deep saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour oatmeal there and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In another bowl, combine the chocolate and peanut butter and melt.
- Put half the finished oatmeal in the parchment-covered pan. Then put chocolate filling and the rest of the cereal. Leave a little filling to sprinkle the top.
- Refrigerate for several hours. Allow the bars to stand a little at room temperature before serving and slicing.
- The size of the bars will depend on the size of the cake pan. If you want thinner bars, use a 10-11 inch pan.
- Do not boil sugar with butter for too long. Otherwise, after solidification, the mixture with flakes will crumble.
3) Use quick-cooking oatmeal. Otherwise, the bars will be difficult to chew.