An incredibly irresistible dessert that is sweet but with a sour touch is what we suggest for you today, to help you cheer up your family and friends.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and why not some lemon bars! We guess you knew what dessert course we are going to tell you a story about; if you didn’t then allow us to tell you it is the best lemon bars recipe ever. Dear lemon desserts lover, lemon is always a luscious touch and addition to your desserts; you only should use fresh lemons to take your lemon bars from being bland to being tastefully fresh, sweet and sour.
The recipe is about seven ingredients which are all simple and on hand. They go wonderfully well together creating a very delicious combination that tells a story about the iconic and impressive American cuisine. It is delightfully the easiest lemon bars recipe you will make in your life.
It will take you less than 20 minutes to make your shortbread crust, fill it with your lemon curd filling then bake. Now, your sweet, tangy and creamy lemon bars are ready to eat! Try this recipe ASAP, we assure you, you never regret it!
- Shortbread Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar (67g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7/8 cup cold butter (198g)
Lemon Curd Filling
- 6 large eggs
- 2+1/2 cups granulated white sugar (500g)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (240ml)
- Prepare a large bowl, add butter, sugar, and salt into it.
- Add flour to the batter. Mix well using a food processor.
- As soon as the dough becomes a lumpy turn off the food processor.
- Take a baking dish, grease it with butter, press the dough into the dish. You can use a cup to press it down smoothly. Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take a big bowl and pour lemon juice into it.
- Add eggs to the same bowl, whisk them, add sugar.
- Add flour to the mixture.
- Don’t forget to add lemon zest.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven for 40 minutes. Cover the dish with parchment paper 20 minutes before the timer sets off so that the lemon bars don’t get too dark.
- Cut into slices, sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- Serve the dish, call for your family to have tea. This dessert won’t leave anyone unaffected.
Leave a Reply