Do you know how many soups with broccoli exist? I think every housewife has her own favorite recipe and today I want to share mine with you. For more healthy soups try Comforting ham and potato soup and potato kielbasa soup.
Everyone in my family loves this soup. It includes a hefty part of vegetables. And of course the creamy texture! Milk, butter and so much cheese! Serve the soup garnished with grated cheese and herbs.
HOW TO MAKE PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP?
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and add the diced onion. Fry over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, cook until the onions are transparent, set aside.
- Melt 1/4 butter, reduce heat to low. Add flour and whisk until smooth. You can immediately add 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Pour in all the milk gradually, in small portions, whisking constantly to keep the texture creamy and without grains. Cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens
- Pour in chicken stock, stir and cook for another 15 minutes until thickened.
- Add broccoli florets, grated carrots, sautéed onions, and chopped celery. Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Do not put a lid on the pot, as the milk soup can overfill the pot.
- Pour in grated cheese, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir, turn off the heat, and wait for the cheese to melt. Stir again and serve.
CAN YOU FREEZE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP?
Yes, you can freeze Panera broccoli cheddar cheese soup. Use a quart freezer bag or an airtight container with a lid.
After defrosting, the soup may not be as thick, but it will taste the same!
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP IN THE FRIDGE?
The shelf life of such a soup when stored in the refrigerator is no more than three days.
It should not stay at room temperature for long and should be stored in an airtight container with a lid.
WHAT TO EAT WITH BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP?
HOW MANY CALORIES IN BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP?
The amount of prepared soup is calculated for 8 servings. One serving of broccoli soup with Cheddar cheese includes 304 calories.
- Use pasteurized milk to prevent curdling when the soup is heated and boiled.
- For convenience, you can prepare milk sauce in a small saucepan. Then pour it into a large saucepan, add vegetables, and continue cooking the soup.
- Choose good quality cheese so that it melts accurately in the soup and does not float in lumps.
- Optionally, you can replace the cheddar with your favorite cheese.
- For more flavor, add a pinch of nutmeg when making milk sauce.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- ROASTED TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
- BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet, add onion, and fry until transparent.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan, add flour and whisk until smooth. Then gradually pour in the milk in portions, continuing to cook over low heat and stirring constantly to avoid lumps forming.
- Pour in chicken stock, stir and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes until thick.
- Add broccoli, carrots, onions, and celery, stir and cook for another 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Do not cover with a lid!
- Add the grated cheese, let it melt. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.