Crispy lemon pepper wings in a butter sauce with a delicate aroma – this is an excellent solution for dinner with friends or a large family. You don’t have to go anywhere, just cook them at home! I say with confidence that you cannot stop until the plate is empty!
LEMON PEPPER WINGS
To be honest, this is my first recipe in a similar genre. I don’t have a deep fat and I was always afraid to cook something in such an amount of boiling oil.
I was sure that the food would turn out to be very oily, and not the fact that it would turn out delicious. But what can’t you do for the sake of your beloved husband and daughter?
Especially if they asked for something tasty for the evening watching a movie. So, I googled it! Yes)) Everything turned out not so scary. The main thing is to observe some subtleties and everything will work out. Crispy lemon pepper wings are now my favorite!
How to make lemon pepper wings?
Chicken wings divided into 2 parts for convenience. After you need to roll them in flour with salt and pepper. Then deep-fry in deep fat.
The final touch is to brush the wings with melted butter and lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle with parsley and serve until the chicken wings are hot and crispy.
Where did lemon pepper wings originate?
Chicken wings in such seasoning appeared in Atlanta. It even has the slogan “Atlanta Is Wing Town, and Lemon Pepper Is King”.
What do lemon pepper wings taste like?
These are crispy chicken wings in flour batter. Crispy wings are delicate and juicy inside with a taste of lemon and pepper. Seasoning combines sour citrus notes of lemon butter with the aroma of black pepper. That’s all creating a taste unlike any other.
What to serve with lemon pepper wings?
You can serve wings with regular potato chips. You can cook it in the same way in deep fat. Add a salad of fresh vegetables and a huge amount of greens.
You can also serve crispy onion rings, Mac and Cheese, baked broccoli, cabbage salad.
Do not forget to experiment with sauces. Sriracha, barbecue, chipotle, or any other of your choice.
What is lemon pepper seasoning made of?
This is one of my favorite seasonings! Grate the zest of five lemons on a fine grater. Distribute the zest on a sheet of parchment and dry in the oven at the smallest temperature (20-30 minutes).
You can slightly open the oven door. Combine dried zest and 1/3 cup black pepper with peas. Grind in a blender, coffee grinder, or crush in a stone mortar.
Add 1/4 cup kosher salt and mix. I like to add a little pink pepper for the color. You can also reduce the number of ingredients by 2 times. Keep this seasoning in an airtight container or in a special jar for spices.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER WINGS STEP BY STEP
- Take a party style chicken wings or cut them by yourself with a knife. This can be easily done at the junction of the joints.
- Pour a cup of flour into a deep bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Shuffle.
- Put all the wings in the flour mixture. Stir so that the flour covers the wings on all sides.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep pan. Very carefully dip piece by piece into the hot oil. You can do it safely by placing the wings on a slotted spoon. Do not overfill the pan. Wings should float in the oil. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, 4-5 wings at a time. Of course, it all depends on the volume of your pan!
- Remove the finished wings with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Put the wings on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Melt the butter and combine it with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover all the wings with a fragrant butter mixture.
- Grind the parsley and sprinkle the chicken wings on top.
- Serve while the dish is hot. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley leaves as desired.
Baking Tips For LEMON PEPPER WINGS
1- When cooking, use a pyrometer to check the temperature of the oil. It should be in the range of 330-350 degrees F.
If the temperature is higher, the chicken wings on the outside will start to burn. While the inside will still be raw. If the temperature is lower, the product will cook longer and absorb excess oil. As a result, you will get very fatty foods.
2- If you do not have a pyrometer, dip a wooden spatula into the hot oil. The spatula will bubble if the temperature is right. That means that the oil is boiling and you can start.
3- Do not use plastic appliances when deep-fried!
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- 3 lbs chicken wings party style wings cut into sections
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- lemon wedges and parsley sprigs for serving optional
- Take the party style chicken wings for the recipe. Or cut with a knife by yourself.
- In a deep bowl, combine flour with salt and black pepper. Roll the chicken wings in the resulting mixture. Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a deep pan. Dip wings in the hot oil. Cooking time 10-12 minutes. Remove the finished wings with a slotted spoon or tongs. Put them on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Melt the butter and mix with lemon pepper seasoning. Grease the finished wings and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- If the chicken wings are too wet, dry them with a paper towel. Then cover with flour mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into a sturdy zip-lock bag. Add chicken wings there, close the bag and shake. So the wings will coated with flour evenly, and the hands will remain clean.
- Use a slotted spoon to lower and remove the chicken wings from the hot oil.
- Do not overfill the pan with wings. Do it in a few steps. A large number of chicken wings significantly reduces the temperature of the oil. Food will take longer to cook. It can also stick to the bottom or to each other.
- Apply seasoned butter to the wings immediately. Seasoning is soaking and can turn into porridge. You can grease the wings with butter first, and then sprinkle with seasoning
Leave a Reply