Rigatoni Bolognese is a classic Italian dish that everyone likes. You can cook this amazing dish in different ways. For example, not only do I cook Rigatoni Bolognese at home but my husband and my family also love to cook it and each one of us cooks Rigatoni Bolognese differently.
Some of us make it spicier; some of us add a lot of herbs and cheese. But for me, this dish always remains ideal for a slow, relaxing dinner with wine.
Fresh Rigatoni with Bolognese Sauce
I do not know what can be said about Rigatoni Bolognese. I think that everyone has already prepared this dish and even if someone does not like to cook, he at least has tasted it or at least heard about it.
Rigatoni Bolognese has a rich aroma; it is a juicy delicious Italian dish that is made from canned tomatoes, ground pork, ground beef, onions, celery, and carrots.
This perfect Rigatoni Bolognese is cooked for about an hour. But it’s worth it. This isn’t really quick but if, like me, you like Italian cuisine, this recipe is just for you. By the way, try serving this Rigatoni Bolognese with garlic bread. It is amazing!
Also, you can experiment with this dish. Add your favorite cheese, spices, or herbs to this wonderful Rigatoni Bolognese.
How long should I simmer Bolognese sauce?
If you want to make a perfect rigatoni Bolognese with a rich taste, you will need to cook the Bolognese sauce for 1 hour.
What pasta is best with Bolognese?
Actually, any kind of pasta is good for the Bolognese. But I like to serve this Bolognese sauce with fresh rigatoni. It is my favorite combination.
How many calories are in Rigatoni Bolognese?
Rigatoni Bolognese is a very tasty and satisfying dish. There are 138 calories per 100 grams.
How to make Rigatoni Bolognese
- Step 1 Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Add ¾ cup grated carrot, ½ cup finely chopped celery, and finely chopped onion. Mix. Then, cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2 When vegetables are tender, add ⅓ cup ground beef and ¼ cup ground pork. Mix and break it up into chunks. Cook for 15-20 minutes until brown.
- Step 3 Then, add 2 cups canned tomatoes, 2 tbsp tomato paste, ¼ cup water, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined. Cook for 1 hour, covered with a lid. Don’t forget to stir the sauce.
- Step 4 When the cooking time of the sauce comes to an end, boil water in a large pot. Then, add salt and 1 pound rigatoni. Bring to a boil again. Cook until it is al dente. Drain.
- Step 5 Add 2 tbsp heavy cream to your sauce. Mix until combined.
- Step 6 Add Bolognese sauce over the cooked rigatoni. Mix. Serve immediately while warm.
1) This easy rigatoni Bolognese can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
2) You can add parmesan cheese and fresh basil to your rigatoni Bolognese to make it more traditional.
Fresh Rigatoni with Bolognese Sauce
- - 3 tbsp olive oil;
- - ¾ cup grated carrot;
- - ½ cup celery, finely chopped;
- - 1 onion, finely chopped;
- - ⅓ pound ground beef;
- - ¼ pound ground pork;
- - 2 cups canned peeled whole tomatoes;
- - 2 tbsp tomato paste;
- - ¼ cup water;
- - salt;
- - freshly ground black pepper;
- - 1 pound rigatoni;
- - 2 tbsp heavy cream.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Then, stir in grated carrot, celery and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add ground beef and ground pork. Break it up into chunks with a spoon or spatula. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the beef and pork are brown, add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, boil water in a large pot. Add salt. Throw rigatoni into the boiling water. Cook until it's just al dente. Drain.
- When the bolognese sauce is ready, add 2 tbsp heavy cream. Mix until combined. Add sauce to the cooked pasta. Mix in a pot, or you can put the pasta on the plates and then add the sauce on top. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.