Trisha Yearwood mac and cheese crockpot is an unrivaled food! The creamy and cheesy taste is ideal for snacks, festive, and ordinary family dinners.
Trisha Yearwood mac and cheese belong to this kind. Now I cook this casserole when I need to quickly create a dinner of the ingredients that I always have at hand.
The original recipe will delight children. Well, what to do if you want to please lovers of spicy food? You can add spicy cheese, mustard powder, or ground burning red pepper to the filling.
Trisha Yearwood’s Mac and Cheese
At Trisha Yearwood mac and cheese, I like the fact that you can cook this casserole not only in the crockpot. You can also cook it in the oven easily and quickly.
Grease a 9 * 13-inch baking dish with oil or a cooking spray. Put dry or al dente pasta into the mold, fill with the rest of the ingredients, and mix. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. for about 40-50 minutes.
Can I use dry elbow macaroni in Trisha Yearwood mac and cheese?
Easy! This life hack will reduce cooking time. Combine evaporated milk, whole milk, eggs, melted butter, spices, salt, and cheese. Pour dry elbow macaroni with this mixture and cook in the crockpot.
Do you put eggs in mac and cheese?
Yes, I use eggs in this recipe. A pair of eggs gives it a peculiar custard texture. For a more delicate and yellow texture, you can use only egg yolks. In any case, I recommend to beat the eggs separately and then add the rest of the ingredients.
You can exclude eggs if desired. The casserole will be sticky and crumbly while the cheese is hot. When the cheese has cooled, it will keep the consistency. And you can cut the casserole into portioned pieces.
What should I serve with Trisha Yearwood mac and cheese?
If you do not want to eat mac and cheese as a standalone dish, serve it with Any kind of salad
- Baked vegetables in the oven or on the grill (cauliflower, broccoli, sweet pepper)
- Pan-fried tomatoes or mushrooms
- Spinach in lemon-ginger sauce
- Salt and Vinegar Cucumbers
- Just slicing fresh vegetables and herbs.
What is the best cheese for mac and cheese?
This is a bit hard to answer. In this recipe, I use grated cheddar. And the taste is great. First, try making this dish with cheddar to understand consistency and texture.
Next time you can experiment with another favorite cheese. Such varieties are perfect here: parmesan, white cheddar, smoky gouda, fontina, gruyere, gorgonzola, mozzarella, and even brie.
As entertainment, you can even completely exclude cheese and get a 100% creamy taste.
BAKING TIPS FOR MAKE MAC AND CHEESE
- Cook the mac and cheese in the oven. Grease the mold 9 * 13 inches with oil and put all the ingredients there. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake at a temperature of 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes cook it without a lid so that the top will bake and turn golden.
- To make the casserole even more nutritious, add ham, bacon, shrimp, or fried chicken.
How long does uncooked mac and cheese last?
The shelf life of dried pasta is one year. The shelf life of cheeses is from 30 days to 1 year, depending on the variety and storage conditions. To increase the shelf life of these products, always keep the packaging closed.
Uncooked mac and cheese you can store in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days.
How to store and freeze mac and cheese?
Let the casserole cool for 10 or 15 minutes before topping and refrigerating. You can store your baked pasta and cheese in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 48-72 hours. It will be safe to keep it frozen for about 2 months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Overnight Mediterranean Lasagna
- Southern Goulash
- Award-winning Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Classic Lasagna
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni, I only cooked it for half the time on the box
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporate milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Challenge butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 (10-ounce) bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, about 5 cups, grated Dash of paprika
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Combine evaporated milk, whole milk, eggs, melted butter, spices, salt, and cheese. Leave 1/2 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Boil elbow macaroni until cooked in salt water (or use dry).
- Fold the pasta in a crockpot, fill with the mixture, and mix.
- Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining cheese and paprika. Close the lid and cook for about 50 minutes. Serve hot.
- Exclude eggs, if desired. When cooling, the cheese will keep the casserole.
- Use pasta al dente, or dry. They will have enough time to cook.
- Replace the cheese with spicy cheese for greater piquancy.
- For creamy mac and cheese, you can add 4 to 8 ounces of cream cheese.
This is so GOOD and Easy. Thank You Trisha ♥️