Instant Pot Chili Recipe is one of the best meals that you will ever find. Its spicy yet hearty taste will win over everyone’s hearts. As the name suggests, it is an instant recipe and takes just one hour to get ready.
Award-Winning Instant Pot Chili Recipe
The recipe has bacon, ground beef, a motley of beans, and a sprinkle of flavoring. You can garnish it with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can save it in the freezer in an airtight box. So, you can use it on another day when you are running late or just too lazy to cook.
How do you make chili Instant Pot video?
You have to use the ‘sauté’ option on your instant pot to cook the bacon. Many people are not sure about the time for cooking bacon. A good rule of thumb is to cook the bacon until it is crispy.
After that, add the bell peppers and onions. Cook them until they look tender. Next, add ground beef and cook it until the color turns light brown.
You can take out any extra oil. Now it is the time to add the rest of the ingredients to the mix. Stir everything together and make sure that it is mixed. Then, you can use the ‘chili’ or ‘manual’ mode to cook for about twenty minutes.
After everything is cooked, allow a natural release for another ten minutes. Once everything is cooked, you can serve it hot and simmering.
You can garnish it with your favorite toppings to make it look more presentable and taste more delectable. For example, you can add sliced jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, and even chips for the topping. Some people also love to add shredded cheese on their homemade chili to give it a different edge.
This recipe features different layers of flavor. You can sprinkle a few drops of lemon to give it a slightly sour taste to it.
Award-Winning Instant Pot Chili Recipe
What is the bean chili setting on an instant pot?
When you use the bean or chili setting on the instant pot, it will set the high pressure for half an hour. If you are using black beans, they will take about ten minutes to cook. On the other hand, kidney beans take double the time to cook.
Why did my chili burn in the instant pot?
If your pot had previous chunks of food stuck to the walls and bottom of the pot, they will continue to cook with the bacon. When they get overcooked, they will begin to burn. This will make your instant pot “think” that your food is burning. So, make sure that you clean the pot before using it.
Also, if you don’t stir the ingredients well, something may get stuck to the bottom of the pot and burn. So, you must make sure that everything is mixed properly.
How do you cook dried beans in an instant pot?
Add the beans and onion with water in the pressure cooker. Allow at least fifteen to twenty minutes for natural release.
HOW TO MAKE Award Winning Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- • 800 g ground beef
- • 4 slices of bacon
- • 1 cup red beans, cooked and drained
- • 1 cup pink beans, cooked and drained
- • 2 cups of cooked tomatoes
- • 1 cup tomato paste
- • 1 large onion
- • 2 peppers or poblano pepper (optional)
- • 2 green onions
- • 3 garlic cloves
- • 4 cups beef stock
- • 1 tsp taco seasoning
- • 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- For service
- • 2 slices of bacon
- • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- • 1 chili pepper
- • 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Peel the onion and cut it into small squares; Peel the paprika, remove the seeds and veins and cut it into squares. Repeat the same procedure with chili.
- Peel the garlic and crush them. Wash the scallion and cut it into thin slices (including the green part).
- Program the instant-pot sauté function and add the bacon. When the bacon has released enough fat, add the onion, chives, and garlic, skip it until golden brown.
- Finally, add the meat and sauté until it loses the deep pink color. Turn-off the instant-pot.
- Attach the instant-pot, add beef broth, red beans, pink beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers, and all condiments.
- Cook in instant-pot, into the manual function, for 20 minutes. After twenty minutes, turn off and allow the pot to release its steam.
- Serve hot in soup bowls, you can decorate with fried bacon, grated cheese, sour cream, and lemon slices.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT