The Best Fried Chicken and Bacon Pasta Casserole is the perfect solution for your hearty dinner! This casserole is a great way to clean out the refrigerator, as you can add any leftover meat and any vegetables you like.
Please note that this dish can be prepared in advance and baked just before serving. Everything is good here: spirals in a creamy sauce, chicken bites, and crispy bacon.
Fresh tomato and green onion for brightness and freshness and a lot of cheese! Come on, there is never too much cheese, right?)
Ingredients (with Alternative Suggestions)
- Chicken breasts – boneless and skinless, cut into pieces.
- Bacon – Use thin slices to fry quickly and easily in a pan and then crumble them.
- Cream of chicken soup is a sauce, the base of a casserole.
- Cheddar cheese – you can use your favorite cheese or a mix of several.
- Dried spiral pasta – you can substitute another type of pasta suitable for casseroles.
- Garlic powder – adds great flavor.
- Tomato and green onion – add freshness and brightness.
How To Make Chicken Pasta Casserole?
In a skillet, fry the bacon slices, then crumble or cut them into small pieces.
Cut all chicken breasts into bites and fry in the same skillet until golden brown. (Add some vegetable oil if needed). Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
How to cook pasta;
- Preheat oven to 400F.
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water, according to package directions, until cooked. Drain in a colander, then return to the pot.
- Add fried chicken, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, chopped tomato to the pasta, and stir. Add half of the grated cheese and mix thoroughly again.
- Sprinkle a 9 * 13 ” baking dish with oil and pour the entire contents of the pan into it.
- Sprinkle bacon and leftover cheese on top. Cook for about 20 minutes, until the cheese melts or begins to bubble.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions on top of the casserole and serve.
What Can I Serve With A Chicken Casserole?
Any vegetables will be an excellent accompaniment to a chicken casserole with cream of chicken soup. You can cook them Sauteed Zucchini with Parmesan; Candied Carrots; Roasted Brussels Sprouts; or serve them fresh.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Of course, this is one of those recipes that are suitable for future use. After placing the casserole in the baking dish, sprinkle it with bacon.
Then wrap with cling film and refrigerate. Preheat the oven at the desired time, sprinkle the casserole with cheese and bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can You Freeze Chicken Pasta Casserole?
To freeze, you must first cool the finished casserole. Then wrap a baking dish with a sheet of foil, cling film, and put it in the freezer.
Before using, you should first defrost the casserole in the refrigerator overnight.
It is necessary to put your baking dish in a cold oven and only then turn it on.
Do You Cook Chicken Before Putting It In Casserole?
Yes, the chicken must be fully cooked before adding to the casserole.
I prefer to fry the pieces in a pan. Alternatively, you can boil the chicken breasts and then cut them into pieces.
Can I Use A Different Shape Of Pasta?
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have a spiral paste handy.
There are many other varieties for casserole recipes with chicken breast that are great too: Cavatappi, Fusilli, Macaroni, Rigatoni, or Penne.
Storage & Re-heating Instructions:
Shelf life in a refrigerator in an airtight container is no more than 4 days.
You can reheat a large batch of casserole in the oven at 350F. Or you can heat a small portion in a frying pan over low heat by adding 1-2 tablespoons of water and covering with a lid.
Favorite Chicken Casseroles
- Paula Deen’s Chicken Casserole
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole With Potatoes
Crazy Good Chicken Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips quality bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) box dried spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 large fresh tomato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onion feathers for serving
- Fry the bacon in a skillet and crumble it.
- Cut the chicken breasts and fry in the same skillet. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Boil the pasta, drain the water. Add chicken, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, chopped tomato, half grated cheese to the pasta, and stir.
- Sprinkle with oil on a 9*13” baking dish and place the casserole. Sprinkle with bacon and leftover cheese. Bake in preheated to 400F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
- You can use any pasta in this casserole. Cook it al dente as it will continue to cook in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Almost all ingredients are interchangeable here. For example, instead of tomatoes, you can use corn or peas. Just toss them in boiling pasta 5 minutes before you drain it.