Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
Chicken Spinach and mushroom without pasta is a healthy and low-carb dietary dish. There is a lot of spinach, a lot of mushrooms, cream cheese sauce, and mozzarella. You can choose any side dish for this casserole. It is prepared quickly and easily – literally, fold everything in layers and put in the oven. A sumptuous dinner is ready and you are great!
- Chicken breasts are the main ingredient in our casserole. Slice them lengthways into 2 thinner slices. Optionally, you can substitute turkey for chicken.
- Green onion cream cheese – base sauce in which chicken and vegetables will be baked. A slightly salty creamy taste with herbs is what you need!
- Olive oil – add oil to the cream cheese. It gives a little fat and a subtle flavor.
- Chicken broth with chicken breast goes well, so we add it to the cream cheese. However, it can be easily replaced with water.
- Sliced mushrooms – I prefer to use pre-fried mushrooms in this recipe (so they won’t give extra liquid). You can use canned mushrooms, drain the liquid from them. In general, you can use your other favorite mushrooms.
- Fresh spinach – highly nutritious vegetable greens! Do not skimp, add more.
- Herb and Garlic Seasoning – This seasoning gives a great flavor. If you don’t have one at hand, make one yourself by mixing dried basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, and ground pepper.
- Mozzarella is the finishing touch. It is difficult to spoil something with cheese, and even more so with mozzarella. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the cooked casserole and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM?
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange the chicken breast slices in a single layer in a 13 “* 9” baking dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh spinach.
- Place the mushrooms on top and sprinkle with seasoning. It is advisable to pre-fry fresh mushrooms to evaporate excess liquid.
- Combine green onion cream cheese, chicken broth, and olive oil. Whisk and pour over the mushrooms. Place in oven, cover with foil but do not seal. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the hot casserole, sprinkle with grated mozzarella, and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Or until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS?
The best addition to the Chicken spinach and mushroom low-carb oven dish is any variation on the potatoes.
This can be Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes, Creamy vegan mashed potatoes, or Roasted Potatoes and Carrots. The casserole can also be served with Homemade rice pilaf, Easy Mexican rice,
- Fresh mushrooms must be pre-fried to evaporate excess liquid.
- You can make green onion cream cheese yourself by mixing the cream cheese with chopped green onions and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Use seasoning, cheese, and mushroom varieties of your choice.
Chicken spinach and mushroom
Chicken Spinach and mushroom without pasta is a healthy and low-carb dietary dish.Print Save Rate
- 6 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 1 container green onion cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Large package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 dash Weber Herb and Garlic Seasoning
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Pin This Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a 13 * 9 baking dish. Sprinkle with spinach, mushrooms, and seasoning (pre-fry fresh mushrooms).
- Combine green onion cream cheese, chicken broth, and olive oil. Pour the sauce over the mushrooms. Cover with a sheet of foil without sealing and bake in an oven preheated to 375F for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the casserole and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
This is a family favorite. It is an easy recipe to follow. I like that this recipe uses ingredients that I have a home. I use boneless, skinless chicken tenders and baked it at 350 for the same amount of time.