Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
Pasta in a rich meat sauce with oozing amounts of cheese I mean if this tortellini casserole isn’t the perfect comfort food then I don’t know what is! What’s even better is that its the simplest recipe to make with the majority of the ingredients already sitting in your kitchen cupboard.
How to make Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini
Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Cheesy Baked Tortellini from scratch.
- Step 1. Start off by cooking the pasta a la dente in boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Step 2. In a separate pan brown the ground beef, add in some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Step 3. Next, remove the fat and add in the tomato sauce followed by the cream cheese and cooked tortellini then mix everything together.
- Step 4. Add this to a baking dish and top with the cheeses.
- Step 5. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes of course! Brown your meat and create the sauce the day before then store this safely in your fridge add in your pasta and bake when you’re ready.
- Add fresh parsley on top when serving for a great addition to this tortellini casserole.
- Cook some onion along with the ground beef for some more amazing flavor.
What can you serve with tortellini casserole?
Serve this delicious tortellini casserole with fresh salad and garlic bread or some chunky veg.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- SAUSAGE GREEN BEAN POTATO CASSEROLE
- PAULA DEEN’S AMAZING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- LOADED POTATO RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini (With Meat Sauce)
This easy cheesy baked tortellini in meat sauce is perfect for on the go mums and dads who need something quick to feed the family, with everything straight in a pan and then to bake for less than 30 minutes dinner is sure to be a win!Print Save Rate
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated/shredded parmesan
- Seasonings to taste
Pin This Recipe
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
- Boil water in a saucepan then add the pasta - cook until 90% cooked (a la dente)
- In a pan brown the ground beef, add in the seasonings to your preferred taste
- Remove the fat from the pan then stir in the tomato sauce and cream cheese
- Let this simmer for 3-4 minutes so that all the ingredients are well combined
- Now add in the cooked tortellini pasta and stir again
- Pour this into the baking dish and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Cook for 20-25 minutes in the oven uncovered
Leave a Reply