This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe is definitely going to become a family favourite. Succulent chicken breast in a sticky teriyaki sauce this Asian inspired slow cooker teriyaki chicken is packed full of flavour and punch!
What’s even better is the slow cooker does all the cooking for you, with only a few minutes needed to make the sauce you will have dinner served in no time.
SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN
This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe is cost-friendly and simple to follow mainly using ingredients that you will most likely have in your cupboard at home.
Roast veggies or boil on the side to accompany this amazing delicious slow cooker teriyaki chicken or simply on its own with loads of chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- STEP 1. Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- STEP 2. In a bowl combine the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper then pour over the chicken.
- STEP 3. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, Once cooked, cut the chicken up.
- STEP 4. Strain the remaining liquid from the slow cooker to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- STEP 5. In a bowl combine the cornstarch and water then add this bit by bit to the skillet and reduce to a simmer. Allow the sauce thicken up for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 6. Place the chicken in and coat well with the sauce.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- For the last hour of cooking time throw some veggies to roast in the oven, they will make a great addition to the slow cooker teriyaki chicken when serving
- If you don’t have cider vinegar you can use white wine vinegar or even lemon juice these will make a great replacement for the cider vinegar
- Add spring onions and sesame seeds on top of the teriyaki chicken when serving these will add an amazing fresh flavour.
SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN FAQS;
How To Make Teriyaki Sauce?
Simply combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic and pepper. Thicken with equal parts of cornstarch and water to create a sticky teriyaki sauce. You can even add a little honey if you want to coat your chicken or meat really well
Can You Cook Rice In The Crock-Pot?
Yes, you can. Rinse your rice to get rid of the majority of the starch (this will help your rice not to stick) then place in the slow cooker along with the water. You should cook this for roughly 2 hours or until rice is tender
Can Vegetables Be Added To Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken?
Sure they can! Simply add in your chosen veg in the slow cooker to accompany the slow cooker teriyaki chicken. To really soften your veg it may take up to 6 hours so you may wish to add them in before the chicken.
Can I Make This Teriyaki Chicken Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prep the teriyaki sauce for the slow cooker teriyaki chicken the day before alternatively you can cook your slow cooker teriyaki chicken beforehand and let it rest well while thickening up the sauce when ready to serve
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken?
Serve on a bed of rice, or with a range of veggies all coated in the slow cooker teriyaki sauce as like the chicken because you really don’t want to waste any of this sauce. Or simply on its own with spring onion and sesame seeds to top it off.
LOOKING FOR MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES?
- AMAZING SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- SLOW COOKER POOR MAN’S STEW
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
- SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH
- THE ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- Turn the slow cooker on a low setting, Place 2 lbs of chicken in
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tbsp cider vinegar, 1 garlic clove minced, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, and 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and cook for 4-5 hours on LOW
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from the slow cooker and cut up in small/medium-sized pieces
- Strain the remaining liquid from the slow cooker into a skillet and bring to a boil
- In a bowl combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water and add this to the skillet slowly
- Reduce to a simmer and allow the liquid to thicken for 2-3
- Put the chicken in and coat well with the sauce
- Serve with rice or veggies, enjoy!