These quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins are perfect for a cold fall morning. You can make these pumpkin muffins any day or you can quickly prepare them as a treat for Halloween. Easy Pumpkin Muffins have a tender, fluffy texture, a sweet cinnamon topping, and an amazing pumpkin pie spice flavor.
You can make these muffins with canned pumpkin puree or prepare a homemade pumpkin puree.
I really like fall because it is the season for pumpkin recipes. I used to not like pumpkin at all, but now I can’t imagine my fall without these Easy Pumpkin Muffins, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pies, and pumpkin spice latte.
What ingredient makes muffins Fluffy?
Such ingredients as sifted all-purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder make these easy pumpkin muffins fluffy. You need to sift all-purpose flour and baking powder together for this recipe.
It will help you to more easily and more quickly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. These easy pumpkin muffins will turn out fluffy if you don’t over mix the batter.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup pumpkin puree, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, ½ tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt. Mix until combined.
- Step 2. In another bowl, sift together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour and 1 tsp baking powder.
- Step 3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until combined and flour just disappears. Don’t over mix the batter. It is OK if small lumps remain.
- Step 4. Spoon the pumpkin batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. The muffin cups should be nearly full.
- Step 5. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tbsp granulated sugar.
- Step 6. Sprinkle the mixture of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar over the pumpkin muffins. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the pumpkin muffins using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean – easy pumpkin muffins are ready. Then, remove the muffin tin from the oven and let easy pumpkin muffins cool to room temperature. Enjoy!
- You can use canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree.
- You can also use a Texas-sized muffin tin, but you will only get 6 large muffins.
- Grease the muffin tin with non-stick spray if you don’t have muffin liners.
can you freeze pumpkin muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these easy pumpkin muffins. Just wrap leftover muffins in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container (or a ziplock bag) and freeze for later. Store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to store pumpkin muffins?
If you have leftover easy pumpkin muffins, you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag for up to 2 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
For the pumpkin muffins:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree;
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice;
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar;
- 1/2 tsp baking soda;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 1 tsp baking powder.
For the cinnamon topping:
- 1 tbsp sugar;
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 10 paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together all-purpose flour and baking powder. Then, add to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined and flour just disappears. Don't over mix the batter.
- Spoon the pumpkin batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. The muffin cups should be nearly full.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground cinnamon and granulated sugar. Sprinkle this mixture over the pumpkin muffins.
- Bake these easy pumpkin muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the pumpkin muffins using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean - easy pumpkin muffins are ready. Then, remove the muffin tin from the oven and let the pumpkin muffins cool to room temperature. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply