One of the coziest pastries in the cold season, I think, is the one that contains nuts. Pecan Pie Muffins is just such a recipe. This is a really simple, delicious, and flavorful recipe. Pre-roasted pecans will add extra aroma to your muffins and flavor your entire home. Pecan Pie Muffins will perfectly accompany your tea, coffee, or glass of milk. They are easy to store and can even be frozen.
Pecan Pie Muffins Ingredients?
The ingredients for baking these muffins are extremely simple and are sure to be at hand for everyone.
There are only 5 of them: flour, butter, pecans, brown sugar, and eggs. Baking powder is not needed; eggs take over this function. You can replace brown sugar with white granulated sugar or coconut sugar. And of course, you can replace pecans with walnuts, cashews, or almonds, but these will no longer be Pecan Pie Muffins))
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE MUFFINS
Follow the simple recipe below to make these delicious Pecan Pie Muffins from scratch.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, brush with oil, and flour on mini muffin tins. Or line them with special paper muffin liners. Paper muffin liners are preferred so that you can easily get them out. Combine brown sugar, flour, and chopped pecans in a large bowl and toss.
- In another bowl, combine well-softened butter and eggs, beat with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
- Combine both mixtures in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the dough into prepared molds, about 3/4 full.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, check with a toothpick. Cool on a wire rack.
Depending on the muffin tins you choose, you will end up with approximately 18 mini muffins, or 12 medium muffins.
Baking Tips For Pecan Pie Muffins?
- Optionally, you can bake the pecans a little in the oven for a special flavor. Then chop it up and use it for dough.
- Also, after pouring the dough into the tins, you can sprinkle some more pecans, chopped or half a nut on top.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for regular granulated white sugar or coconut sugar. The color of the muffins will change slightly, but the taste will not be affected.
Freeze Pecan Pie Muffins;
In general, I am not a fan of freezing desserts and pastries. But this is just the case when baked goods perfectly tolerate freezing and do not lose their appearance.
Allow the Pecan Pie Muffins to cool completely to cool. Then put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the freezer. Store for no more than two months. Defrost them overnight at room temperature before using them.
How To Store Pecan Pie Muffins?
Like all muffins, I recommend covering them after baking to prevent them from drying out. You can cover them with cloths, or fold them into a container with an airtight lid, or simply fold them into a bag.
You can also freely store them in the refrigerator. Shelf life at room temperature no more than 3-4 days, in the refrigerator for about a week.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Pecan Pie Muffins
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (3 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup butter, softened (5.5 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- Grease muffin baking tins or line with paper liners. Combine brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- In another bowl, beat the softened butter and eggs until smooth. Combine both mixtures and stir until combined.
- Pour the dough into the molds, 3/4 full. Bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 20-25 minutes.