What can you substitute for coconut in the vanilla wafer cake? You can use shredded carrots instead of shredded coconut if you don’t like coconut or if you have an allergy.
But you must understand it will be a completely different cake. I would recommend baking this cake with shredded coconut to keep its taste and consistency
how to make a vanilla wafer cake?
Just beat all the ingredients in one bowl in the sequence specified in the instructions.
You will need to have a Bundt pan for this recipe. Grease and flour it. Pour the batter and bake. You will get a delicious vanilla wafer cake.
Vanilla Wafer Cake
Let’s bake something really tasty and unusual. I haven’t baked cakes in a Bundt pan for family evenings for a long time. This vanilla wafer cake is just perfect for tea breaks.
A lot of shredded coconut, chopped pecans, crushed vanilla wafers – what can be better? I really like the texture of this cake. The soft, savory, beautiful, and delicious cake will definitely be loved by coconut lovers!
My husband loves everything that includes coconut – cookies, cakes, and sweets. This vanilla wafer cake is on the list of his favorites now.
While I was baking this vanilla wafer cake, the whole house was filled with a very appetizing aroma of vanilla and coconut. This is like a miracle.
It’s so good that there are easy recipes and you can mix all the ingredients in one bowl and then bake it. I like to cook quickly and easily. And I also like it when there aren’t a lot of dirty dishes after cooking.
In this vanilla wafer cake recipe, the flour was replaced with crushed vanilla wafers, and this is a really great idea! It gives the cake a special aroma and sweetness.
You can decorate the cake with whipped cream, sprinkle it with shredded coconut and finely chopped pecans. Try this recipe and understand that you do not need to be afraid to experiment! Bon Appetit!
which is sweeter vanilla wafer cake or graham cracker cake?
Crushed vanilla wafers make the cake more sweet than using graham crackers.
Preparation tips and tricks:
- Generously grease a Bundt pan with flour and vegetable shortening or cooking spray. This will help to unmold the cake
- You can use walnuts instead of pecans.
- Serve vanilla wafer cake with whipped cream.
More Vanilla Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 cup butter, softened;
- 1 3/4 cups sugar;
- 6 eggs;
- 1 (11-ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed;
- 1/2 cup milk;
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract;
- 7 oz sweetened shredded coconut;
- 1 cup pecans, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Then, add one egg at a time, beat well. Add half of the crushed vanilla wafers, mix. Add half of the milk, mix again. Then, repeat with the remaining wafers and milk. When all these ingredients are mixed, add vanilla extract, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans. Stir until combined.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan, pour the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature in the Bundt pan, then turn out onto a serving plate.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT