Your son tells you his football buddies will stay for dinner, your daughter’s friends are over or your husband’s friends from work are watching a game and you need something that will feed a crowd and make them happy.
Texas Cowboy Stew
This is the recipe for you! A no-fuss, big meal packed full of flavor that you can whip up in no time and with minimal effort, that can satisfy even a bunch of hungry teenaged boys. This meal has everything.
Meat, sausage, and veggies in a spicy mouth-watering sauce.
The best part of, you only need to raid your pantry and freezer to make it.
HOW TO MAKE COWBOY STEW FROM SCRATCH?
Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Texas Cowboy Stew from scratch.
- Step 1. In a dutch oven over medium heat, sauteé onion. Add ground beef and cook until there’s no pink left
- Step 2. Add sliced sausage
- Step 3. Pour in tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, potatoes, diced tomatoes with chiles and veggies
- Step 4. Mix everything until well combined, add spices
- Step 5. Add water, bring to a boil, and simmer for one hour.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO COWBOY STEW FOR FLAVOR?
In this recipe, spices make all the difference. Don’t hesitate to add more spices if you want a bit more kick.
A pinch of cinnamon, a dash of paprika as well as cumin and chili powder can render a very delicious stew.
I usually add chopped jalapenos to make it a bit spicier. Sometimes I even add cheese on top, throw it in the oven, and broil it until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH COWBOY STEW?
PRO TIPS FOR COWBOY STEW;
- This recipe is so easy, you really don’t have to be a pro to make it. But if you want to make it even more special,
- Place cooked stew on a casserole dish, put cheese on top, and bake until bubbly
- After cooking the ground beef and adding the kielbasa, cook it for a couple more minutes and drain the excess fat from the meat and the sausage.
- Add chopped jalapenos for an added kick, If you want to make it a bit less “soupy” add one cup of less water and cook until desired consistency.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP
- CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Texas Cowboy Stew
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 packages kielbasa sausage sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5oz) cans peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (15oz) cans pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 (15.2oz) can whole kernel corn, Drained
- 2 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile pepper, with liquid
- 1 (10oz) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, sauteé onion. Add ground beef and cook until there’s no pink left
- Add sliced sausage
- Pour in tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, potatoes, diced tomatoes with chiles and veggies
- Mix everything until well combined, add spices
- Add water, bring to a boil, and simmer for one hour