Whenever I have leftover chicken I try to make a soup out of it. One of my family’s absolute favorites is the Crack Chicken Noodle Soup. Guaranteed to be the new favorite recipe that everyone will love!
What I also love about this soup is that you can throw together any odd veggies that you’ve forgotten in the back of your fridge. And the crunchier the better, that’s why for this crack chicken noodle soup I’ve chosen carrots and celery.
Perfect for creating that crunchy texture.
Another important ingredient is pasta. This particular recipe calls for spaghetti or similar shaped-pasta. But feel free to use anything that you have on hand, it will still taste delicious!
HOW TO MAKE CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP FROM SCRATCH?
- Step 1. Heat a little amount of vegetable oil in a medium skillet and add chopped bacon. Cook until done or slightly crispy (is fine too!) and set aside.
- Step 2. Combine diced chicken, carrots, celery, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and bacon in a large pot. Take it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Step 3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Step 4. Follow with pasta/spaghetti, grated cheese, and simmer until spaghetti is almost cooked.
- Step 5. When done, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with bread like ciabatta.
CAN YOU REHEAT CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
Whenever you want to reheat the soup, simply take a separate smaller pot, add the amount of soup you want to consume, and reheat it on the stove (or in a bowl in a microwave).
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
We love to enjoy our soup with freshly baked homemade ciabatta or panini, garlic bread, rosemary bread, or even bruschetta.
CAN YOU FREEZE CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
For best quality, it’s best to consume this crack chicken noodle soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator within 3-4 days and within six months in the freezer.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- break up the angel hair pasta into small pieces before adding to the soup. It makes it easier to eat afterward.
- If you don’t have Ranch Dressing mix, simply mix garlic and onion powder/salt (or fresh finely chopped garlic and onions) and flavored salt seasoning.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 oz. Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair - uncooked
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed chicken soup
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 12 slices of thick-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- Heat a little amount of vegetable oil in a medium skillet and add chopped bacon. Cook until done or slightly crispy (is fine too!) and set aside.
- Combine diced chicken, carrots, celery, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and bacon in a large pot. Take it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Follow with pasta/spaghetti, grated cheese, and simmer until spaghetti is almost cooked.
- When done, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with bread like ciabatta.