Whenever I have leftover chicken I try to make a soup out of it. One of my family’s absolute favorites is the Crack Chicken Noodle Soup. Guaranteed to be the new favorite recipe that everyone will love!
What I also love about this soup is that you can throw together any odd veggies that you’ve forgotten in the back of your fridge. And the crunchier the better, that’s why for this crack chicken noodle soup I’ve chosen carrots and celery.
Perfect for creating that crunchy texture.
Another important ingredient is pasta. This particular recipe calls for spaghetti or similar shaped-pasta. But feel free to use anything that you have on hand, it will still taste delicious!
HOW TO MAKE CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP FROM SCRATCH?
- Step 1. Heat a little amount of vegetable oil in a medium skillet and add chopped bacon. Cook until done or slightly crispy (is fine too!) and set aside.
- Step 2. Combine diced chicken, carrots, celery, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and bacon in a large pot. Take it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Step 3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Step 4. Follow with pasta/spaghetti, grated cheese, and simmer until spaghetti is almost cooked.
- Step 5. When done, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with bread like ciabatta.
CAN YOU REHEAT CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
Whenever you want to reheat the soup, simply take a separate smaller pot, add the amount of soup you want to consume, and reheat it on the stove (or in a bowl in a microwave).
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
We love to enjoy our soup with freshly baked homemade ciabatta or panini, garlic bread, rosemary bread, or even bruschetta.
CAN YOU FREEZE CRACK CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
For best quality, it’s best to consume this crack chicken noodle soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator within 3-4 days and within six months in the freezer.
- break up the angel hair pasta into small pieces before adding to the soup. It makes it easier to eat afterward.
- If you don’t have Ranch Dressing mix, simply mix garlic and onion powder/salt (or fresh finely chopped garlic and onions) and flavored salt seasoning.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- COMFORTING HAM AND POTATO SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP WITH ORZO
- POTATO KIELBASA SOUP
- 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 oz. Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair - uncooked
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 12 slices of thick-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- Heat a little amount of vegetable oil in a medium skillet and add chopped bacon. Cook until done or slightly crispy (is fine too!) and set aside.
- Combine diced chicken, carrots, celery, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and bacon in a large pot. Take it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Follow with pasta/spaghetti, grated cheese, and simmer until spaghetti is almost cooked.
- When done, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with bread like ciabatta.
How can I do this in a crockpot?
Ashley - 100krecipes
You should first cook the bacon until crispy. Then add it with all other ingredients (except for the pasta) to the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3. Add the pasta one hour before the cooking time is over.
Comfort food doesn’t get much better—or easier!
This recipe is so decadent! I have made it several times and love it every time. I omit the bacon and it is still wonderful. I also make mine in the crock pot if I’m busy on that day. I just have to keep an eye on it when the pasta noodles are cooking. Quick and easy on the stove, but still only a couple hours in the crock pot.
I am in England and I don’t know what a Ranch dressing mix is! Please explain the ingredients. Thank you.
Certainly! These are the ingredients:
½ cup buttermilk powder
2 tablespoons parsley
1 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons onion flakes
1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons chives
I used cream of mushroom since I didn’t have cream of chicken and also added some fresh mushrooms and a minced garlic clove. Wash delish.
Love this! I add a bag of frozen corn, and skip the bacon. Also use a cooked rotisserie chicken from the deli because it saves time!
This is the best recipe. I made my own noodles. Also did half milk, half heavy cream. It intensifies the flavor even more. I don’t think I will ever make regular chicken noodle soup ever again. Thank you for this 😁
I made this with rotisserie chicken – was absolutely awesome!
Does this soup freeze well
You Can freeze it, but unfortunately the texture of the pasta will not hold very well. For best results, you can freeze the soup before adding the pasta and grated cheese. Thaw it and add fresh pasta and cheese on the day you plan to serve it
Do you cook the chicken first before you mix it with all the stuff or does it cook in all the mix?
The chicken cooks when you boil all the ingredients in the mix, so add it raw.
I believe that is the best way I definitely do and most people use leftover chicken
What KIND of condensed chicken soup? Is it chicken noodle, cream of chicken, or what? There is no such thing as just condensed chicken soup.
Sorry. It’s condensed cream of chicken soup