This easy cornbread recipe is so easy to make, it is crunchy from the outside, soft and moist from the inside. It’s not very sweet and is not savory either but has just enough ingredients that balance the flavors perfectly.
It takes only about 35 minutes to bake this delicious bread and will be enough to feed the whole family during holidays and weekends.
I love to enjoy the bread warm with few spoons of cold butter and drizzle honey all over. This recipe also makes the perfect snack or side to go with soups, chilies, and stews. Simply delicious!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CORNBREAD FROM SCRATCH?
- Step 1. preheat oven to 350º.
- Step 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Step 3. Continue with wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs first and then add the oil, melted butter, honey, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Step 4. Pour everything into a greased 8 or 9-inch round pan.
- Step 5. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Step 6. Serve with butter and honey or maple syrup.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CORNBREAD THAT DOESN’T FALL APART?
To make sure that your cornbread is fluffy and moist from the inside and perfectly crumbly on the outside you need to keep in mind the following:
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Use the right flour, the whole wheat flour is better than white flour to get that crunchy crust.
- Use cornmeal and not cornstarch.
- Don’t skip the eggs, they play important role in holding everything together.
- Don’t overbake this cornbread. As soon as the bread is golden brown on the outside, insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes clean the bread is ready.
HOW LONG DOES CORNBREAD LAST?
This easy cornbread recipe is perfect if you want to make it ahead for the upcoming week. Simply bake the bread, let it cool, and then wrap individually or put it into fridge friendly container with a tight lid.
Whenever you’re ready just take a piece of bread out, let it come to room temperature (or reheat it), and enjoy for breakfast or a quick snack. The bread will last for the whole week in the fridge.
CAN YOU FREEZE CORNBREAD?
Individually wrap chilled bread pieces and place them into the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
More Cornbread Recipes You’ll Love
- SWEET AND MOIST HONEY CORNBREAD
- WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE JIFFY CORNBREAD MORE MOIST?
- JIFFY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
- SWEET CORNBREAD – WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER
EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Continue with wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs first and then add the oil, melted butter, honey, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Pour everything into a greased 8 or 9-inch round pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with butter and honey or maple syrup.