I love this easy sugar cookies recipe soo much! It’s pretty simple, it comes with the available ingredients and doesn’t take long to cook. As a result, you will get a flavored cookie, slightly cracked with a crispy crust and soft inside. A great addition to a cup of milk, cocoa, or hot chocolate! check also my favorite holiday treats.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRACKED SUGAR COOKIES FROM SCRATCH?
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle oil on two baking trays or line them with parchment paper.
Place the softened butter and sugar in a deep bowl. Whisk until creamy.
- Add yolks and whisk. I prefer to add them one at a time, gradually whisking, but you can do three at once. Then pour in the vanilla and stir.
- Stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat the dough until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the cookie cracks at the top. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Let the cookies cool slightly and only then remove them from the baking sheet.
WHY ARE MY SUGAR COOKIES FLAT?
Cracked sugar cookies can be flat on several occasions.
- First, be sure to use a kitchen scale or measuring cups. The amount of ingredients must be measured as accurately as possible. If there is too much sugar and butter, the cookies will surely spread over the baking sheet and be very flat.
- Second, place the trays in a preheated oven.
CAN YOU FREEZE HOMEMADE SUGAR COOKIES?
To freeze the dough, roll it into balls, place on a flat dish, and freeze. Then transfer them to a container or ziplock and store them in the freezer for 3-4 months.
Allow the balls to thaw at room temperature for about half an hour before use, then bake as usual.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE CRACKED SUGAR COOKIES?
I recommend storing cracked sugar cookies in a container with a lid. The cookie is slightly soft inside, so I try to keep it.
You can store it at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
- Use a kitchen scale or measuring cups. The amount of ingredients must be measured as accurately as possible.
- The cream of tartar can be substituted with an equal amount of citric acid.
- The dough can be taken with a teaspoon, then roll the balls by hand.
If you’re looking for more holiday treats to add to your cookie plates, check out
- ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
- BISQUICK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- I WANT TO MARRY YOU COOKIES
- AMAZING WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP PISTACHIO COOKIES
- BIG SOFT GINGER COOKIES
- SOFT ALMOND PILLOW COOKIES
Easy cracked sugar cookies Recipe (soft & chewy)
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar (250 gr)
- 1 cup butter (230 gr)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (300 gr)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350F, sprinkle 2 baking sheets with oil or cover with parchment paper.Whisk the softened butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add yolks, then vanilla beat.
- Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Whisk until smooth.
- Scoop up walnut-sized balls of dough and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the top of the cookie is cracked. Remove from the oven, let the cookies cool and remove from the baking sheet.