Easy cinnamon quick bread is incredibly simple to make. It takes literally 10 mins to prepare. No blenders, mixers, or complications. This cinnamon loaf is not only delicious, but it has beautiful swirly patterns in each slice.
The ingredients are as simple:
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper (9×5″).
Combine 1/3 cup of sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add baking powder, salt, a cup of sugar, and stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with milk and vegetable oil. Pour this mixture into the flour and beat whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Repeat: pour the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Stick a knife into the batter all the way to the bottom and draw swirls and zigzags in a marble-like pattern.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Check for doneness by poking it through the center with a bamboo skewer. It should come out dry. Let the bread cool in a loaf pan, then carefully remove the parchment. Let cool completely before serving.
HOW LONG DOES CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD LAST?
When stored properly, this cinnamon bread recipe without yeast has a shelf life of up to 7 days.
After baking, let it cool completely, and wrap it in foil or cling film. This is to prevent the loaf from drying out. Store in the refrigerator.
You can also keep it on the counter for up to 3 days.
HOW TO FREEZE CINNAMON BREAD?
Wrap the cooled cinnamon loaf bread in foil or cling film (preferably in two layers) and place it in the freezer. Allow bread to thaw at room temperature overnight before use.
- Flour must be sifted before use, this oxygenates it and makes the cinnamon bread fluffy.
- Check the expiration date of the baking powder to avoid trouble.
- When drawing patterns on the dough with a knife, do not overdo it, otherwise, all the cinnamon sugar will mix in and you will not get beautiful patterns on the cut.
- For a unique flavor, you can add a tablespoon of freshly grated orange zest to the dough.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine 1/3 cup of sugar with the ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and one cup of sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Pour this into the flour, mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- Line a 9*5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in half of the batter, and sprinkle it with half of the cinnamon sugar. Repeat. Stick a knife into the batter and draw swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness by poking it through the center with a bamboo skewer. If it comes out clean, it's done. Let cool on a wire rack and serve.