Easy cinnamon quick bread is a small celebration on my table, even on a weekday! The recipe is incredibly simple, literally 10 minutes of your time will take its preparation. No blenders, mixers, or complications. As a result, you get a very effective cinnamon loaf with beautiful patterns on each slice.
The ingredients are as simple and accessible as possible:
- sugar for sprinkling and for dough;
- ground cinnamon for sprinkling and flavor;
- Flour, baking powder, and salt as dry ingredients for the dough;
- egg, milk, and vegetable oil as wet ingredients.
The smell and taste of aromatic bread with cinnamon will not leave you indifferent!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD?
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the loaf pan with a sheet of parchment (9×5″).
In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add baking powder, salt, a cup of sugar, and stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with milk and vegetable oil. Pour the resulting mixture into the flour and beat with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Pour half of the dough into the loaf pan. Then sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Repeat: pour the remaining dough and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Stick the knife into the batter all the way to the bottom and draw swirls and zigzags like a marble pattern.
- Bake sweet bread for about 45 minutes. Then check if it’s baked by poking it through the center with a bamboo skewer. It should come out dry. Let the bread cool in a loaf pan, then carefully remove the parchment. Wrap the loaf in foil and let sit overnight before slicing (or serve immediately).
HOW LONG DOES CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD LAST?
When stored properly, cinnamon bread recipe without yeast has a shelf life of up to 7 days.
After baking, let it cool completely, wrap with foil or cling film. This is to prevent the loaf from drying out and keeping it soft. Store in the refrigerator. Shelf life at room temperature can be cut in half.
HOW TO FREEZE CINNAMON BREAD?
To freeze the cinnamon bread, wait until it has completely cooled down after baking. Wrap the loaf in foil or cling film (preferably in two layers) and place it in the freezer. Allow bread to thaw at room temperature overnight before use.
- Flour must be sieved before use, this oxygenates it and makes cinnamon bread fluffy.
- Check the expiration date of the baking powder to avoid trouble.
- When drawing patterns on the dough with a knife, do not overdo it, otherwise, all the cinnamon will mix and you will not get beautiful patterns on the cut.
- For a special flavor, you can add a tablespoon of freshly grated orange zest to the dough.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl combine 1/3 of the sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and a cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat egg, milk, and vegetable oil, add to flour, and whisk until smooth.
- Line a 9*5" loaf pan with parchment. Pour half the dough, sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar. Repeat. Stick a knife into the dough and draw swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 350F. Then check if it's baked by poking it through the center with a bamboo skewer. Cool on a wire rack, wrap in foil, and set overnight before slicing