This is a creamy, spicy, cheesy, flavorful Creole Shrimp Dip for your party. It is easy to prepare and looks gorgeous! Your guests will definitely be satisfied with this appetizer! Creole Shrimp Dip is perfect with crackers, potato, and tortilla chips, fresh bread, vegetables.
How to make Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip.
- Step 1.preheat the oven to 375°f. in a small bowl, mix together 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp of creole seasoning, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. reserve 1 tbsp of this mix for veggies.
- Step 2. Cut each shrimp into 2-3 pieces (depending on the size of the shrimp).
- Step 3. Transfer 1 lb chopped shrimps to the bowl, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with the mix of the seasonings (excluding reserved 1 tsp). Toss to coat and set aside.
- Step 4. In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Then, add 1 stalk celery (diced), 1 diced shallot, 1/2 diced bell pepper, and 1 chopped jalapeno pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5. Add reserved 1 tsp seasonings and 1 minced garlic clove to the veggies. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Step 6. Add chopped shrimps to the sauteed vegetables. Cook for up to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Step 7. Transfer this vegetable and shrimp mixture to the large bowl. Then, add 4 oz of cream cheese, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, and 1 cup of mixed cheeses. Mix together.
- Step 8. Grease baking dish with cooking spray. Then, add Creole Shrimp Dip mixture to the baking dish. Top with the remaining mix of cheeses. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- You can use ⅛ cup red onion instead of one shallot.
- if you don’t have creole seasoning, you can make homemade creole seasoning. Mix together 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp of onion powder, ½ tsp of dried oregano, ½ tsp of dried thyme, ½ tsp of cayenne pepper, ½ tsp of pepper, and ½ tsp of salt. You can use it for a lot of different recipes.
- Reserve two or three shrimps with tails for garnish.
- You can use any cheeses you have.
HOW LONG DOES CREOLE SHRIMP DIP LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
This creole shrimp dip must be served and enjoyed immediately. But if you have creole shrimp dip leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Transfer this dip to an airtight container or wrap with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You can reheat Creole Shrimp Dip in the oven or in the microwave.
CAN YOU FREEZE CREOLE SHRIMP DIP?
I would not recommend freezing the creole shrimp dip because it can lose its flavor a little and it might become a bit watery after defrosting.
But you can prepare (do all the steps except baking) Creole Shrimp Dip in advance and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Then, bake.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CREOLE SHRIMP DIP?
This Creole Shrimp Dip tastes delicious with crackers, chips, fresh bread, vegetables (carrot, celery, bell pepper, etc.). You can garnish the dip with a few shrimps and chopped green onion or parsley.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip
- - 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined;
- - ¼ cup mayonnaise;
- - 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature;
- - ¾ cup jack cheese, grate;
- - ¾ cup sharp cheese, grated;
- - 1 stalk celery, diced;
- - 1 shallot, diced;
- - ½ bell pepper, diced;
- - 1 clove garlic, minced;
- - 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped;
- - 4 tbsp olive oil;
- - 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- - 1 tsp Creole seasoning;
- - 1 tsp garlic powder;
- - 1 tsp onion powder;
- - a pinch of cayenne pepper..
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl, mix together freshly ground black pepper, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Reserve 1 tsp of this mix for veggies.
- Cut each shrimp into 2-3 pieces (depending on the size of the shrimp). Transfer chopped shrimps to the bowl, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, and season with the mix of the seasonings (excluding reserved 1 tsp). Toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Then, add diced celery, diced shallot, diced bell pepper, and chopped jalapeno pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Then, add reserved 1 tsp seasonings and minced garlic clove. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant. Then, add chopped shrimps. Cook for up to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together sharp cheese and jack cheese. Set aside.
- Transfer vegetable and shrimp mixture to the large bowl. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1 cup of mixed cheeses. Mix together.
- Grease baking dish with cooking spray. Place Creole Shrimp Dip mixture in a baking dish. Then, top with the remaining mix of cheeses. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with cooked shrimps with tails, chopped green onion, or chopped parsley. Serve warm with crackers, veggies, or fresh bread.
Leave a Reply