Do you want to try something unusual? Then our fried bananas recipe is exactly what you need! This recipe is super quick and delicious. You’ll need only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time to cook fried bananas.
It can be a great choice if you want to treat yourself with some sweet delight. I’m more than sure that your friends and family will also enjoy this dish. Pan-fried honey bananas are also kids friendly.
Fried bananas are rich in calories that the body needs both for work and play. The energy comes from the starch and sugars that bananas contain.
Ripe bananas have more sugar than green ones, so they are digested more easily. Eating bananas has numerous health benefits. They are rich in fiber and potassium which helps to improve brain activity, blood pressure, and heart rhythm.
You may enjoy fried bananas as they are or you can serve them with some additives. They taste delicious with whipped cream, melted chocolate, peanut butter, or condensed milk.
You can use fried bananas to prepare your morning oatmeal or french toast. Also, you can serve fried bananas with vanilla ice cream, pancakes, or yogurt. Don’t hold back your imagination!
What are fried bananas called?
Fried bananas are a popular treat and snack food in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia. The dish is also known as “Goreng Pisang” in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and neighboring countries.
Fried bananas are also called “tostones”. The name “tostones” came from the Spanish verb “to start” which means “to toast”. Tostones are twice-fried sliced plantain bananas. It’s a popular dish in Latin America and the Caribbean.
How to make fried bananas?
THERE’S NOTHING easier than to make fried bananas. All you need is ripe bananas, some cinnamon to add flavor, some honey for caramelizing, oil or butter for frying, and a pinch of salt.
Peel and slice bananas, heat the oil or butter in a pan, add cinnamon, salt and honey, and fry sliced bananas. Nothing complicated, isn’t it? And you do not need to spend much time preparing these delicious treats.
How to cook fried bananas?
- First, you need to remove the peels from bananas and slice them into 1/2 inch rings.
- Heat oil or butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add cinnamon, honey, and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add sliced bananas to the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until banana slices become deeply caramelized and sticky. Once golden, take fried bananas out of the pan and enjoy.
– You may use any kind of fat you like. It may be unsalted butter, coconut oil, or any kind of vegetable oil.
– Don’t use too ripe. They need to be firm enough for frying. Too ripe bananas will become a mash.
– Watch the heat while frying, otherwise, you can burn your bananas.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, BANANA RECIPES
- Easy Banana Cake Recipe
- Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding
- Flourless Pancakes
- Jamaican Banana Bread
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the oil, add cinnamon, honey, and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Add banana slices to the pan and caramelize until golden. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Take out of the pan and serve.
- To make the frying process easier, you may use some starchy coating, like tempura batter.
- You can substitute regular bananas with plantain bananas. They contain much more starch than ripe bananas and may suit better for frying.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT