Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
Nothing beats waking up in the morning to the smell of sweet, fluffy pancakes. What if I told you that you can do that every morning, healthy and hassle-free? That’s right. Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean settling for bland flavors or spending hours in the kitchen.
These banana pancakes are made entirely of whole foods that you can feel good about eating. And with a simple 4-step recipe, anyone from amateur to a gourmet chef can make them with ease (in just 20 minutes!).
And in case you were wondering, though it is healthy and clean, this recipe absolutely does not compromise taste. Amazingly, it encompasses the same sweet flavors and smooth texture of regular pancakes without flour, oil, and processed sugars.
One of my favorite things about these pancakes is that they can be tailored for each and every dietary need. You can make them gluten-free by using gluten-free oats or vegan by using non-dairy milk and switching out the eggs for chia eggs or flax eggs.
These babies are also perfect for meal prep. Save time in the morning by making a big batch of pancakes over the weekend, freezing them, and reheating some for breakfast each morning. And if you hate the repetition of meal prep, use different toppings each day so it never gets boring!
Preparation Steps :
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
Pin This Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Allow the mixture to sit for fifteen minutes so that the oats will soak up the moisture and gelatinize.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Pour batter onto the pan (about 1/4 cup batter per pancake), let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side. You will know it’s ready to flip when bubbles begin to form on the surface.
- Add your favorite toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply