The coconut custard pie recipe is the simple pie recipe! You mix all the ingredients in one bowl and bake in the oven. All components magically transform into a soft filling and crispy crust. I took this coconut custard pie recipe from my grandma. Quick recipes are her strong point.
The ingredients are the most readily available: eggs, milk, butter, coconut flakes, sugar, and Bisquick. So, I think if you are expecting guests, the quick coconut custard pie recipe is a great option!
How to make Coconut Custard Pie
- Step 1. Place all pie ingredients in a large, deep bowl.
- Step 2. Mix thoroughly with a fork or spoon.
- Step 3. Pour the dough into a greased baking dish (9 “works well). Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes until custard sets.
What is the difference between coconut cream pie and coconut custard pie?
Coconut Custard Pie and Coconut Cream Pie are two completely different desserts. The coconut custard pie recipe mixes eggs with milk and bakes the filling in the oven. The texture is not creamy, but denser and more compact.
The cream pie contains custard, which is prepared separately on the stove after it should be cooled until it solidifies. then it is topped with a layer of whipped cream. the texture is soft, homogeneous, and creamy.
How to store coconut custard pie?
Make sure to keep the coconut custard pie in the refrigerator. Wrap the pan with cling film, foil, or fold your pie in an airtight container with a lid. Shelf life when stored in a refrigerator is no more than 4 days.
You can freeze the pie if necessary. Wait until it has completely cooled down, wrap in foil, and put in the freezer. Store for 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before use.
How long does coconut custard pie last?
The shelf life of such a pie is not long. Since it contains eggs, try to eat it within three days. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How to serve coconut custard pie?
This pie can be eaten both warm and cold. For a warm serving, prepare your favorite ice cream, the ice cream will melt and form a sauce.
The cooled pie can be topped with caramel or vanilla sauce, whipped cream, or fresh berries. Don’t forget about drinks – milk, tea, coffee, or whatever you want.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- APPLE SLAB PIE
- FRESH PEAR CRUMBLE PIE
- UNBELIEVABLY GOOD SHREDDED APPLE PIE
- CUSTARD PEACH PIE
- FRENCH SILK PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- MILK BAR CRACK PIE RECIPE
Impossible Coconut Custard Pie
- 1/2 c Bisquick (or gluten free bisquick). One cup of bisquick can be substituted by a mix of one cup of flour, 1½ teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil or melted butter.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 1 c coconut, flaked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and stir. Pour into a greased 9-inch pan and bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- Use unsweetened coconut flakes to keep the pie from getting too sugary. Better yet, buy a coconut and use fresh grated pulp.
- You can add dried pineapple pieces to the filling for variety.