Coconut Pie is a super quick and super easy recipe. Crispy dough basket, soft custard filling, and lots of coconut flakes. The flakes remain white on the inside of the pie, while on the outside they are fried and crispy.
You can play around and combine all the ingredients in order to make a coconut pie. but it won’t get any worse if you just mix everything at once in one bowl. believe me, it’s really fast and very tasty. all you have to do is wait a full hour until it is ready!
How to make FRENCH COCONUT PIE
Combine 150 grams of flour, 90 grams of cold chopped butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and a pinch of salt. Grind to a crumb state. Pour in 2-3 tablespoons of cold water and knead until the dough comes into a ball.
Wrap with cling film and refrigerate for an hour. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to transfer it to a baking dish. Push gently inward and shape the bumpers. The dough is enough for a 9 ”baking dish.
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine sugar with melted butter.
- Step 2. Add lightly beaten eggs, white vinegar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt to the mixture and combine.
- Step 3. Add coconut flakes and stir.
- Step 4. Pour the filling into the prepared unbaked pie crust.
- Step 5. Bake for an hour. Cool and serve.
Do you need to refrigerate coconut pie?
The pie can be eaten warm; it is not necessary to refrigerate before serving. But it should be kept in the refrigerator. Wrap it in cling film or place it in a container with a lid. Its shelf life is no more than three days.
You can also wait until it has completely cooled down, then wrap it tightly in foil and store in the freezer for 3-4 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before use.
What to serve with coconut pie?
This pie is great on its own and makes a good addition to your tea, coffee, or milk.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, Whipped cream, or Cool Whip. Toffee or caramel syrup is a great addition. You can also sprinkle the pie with fresh coconut flakes or garnish with berries.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT FRENCH COCONUT PIE
- Use unsweetened coconut flakes. Ideally, buy a coconut and use the pulp of fresh coconut for extra flavour and taste.
- You can add pineapple chunks to the filling for variety.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- APPLE SLAB PIE
- FRESH PEAR CRUMBLE PIE
- UNBELIEVABLY GOOD SHREDDED APPLE PIE
- CUSTARD PEACH PIE
- FRENCH SILK PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- MILK BAR CRACK PIE RECIPE
FRENCH COCONUT PIE
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1-½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole 9" uncooked pie shell
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into an unbaked pie crust and bake for an hour in a preheated to 350 F oven.
- Prepare all the ingredients in advance so you can easily mix and cook quickly.
- Use quality, high-fat butter for a really tasty pie.
- If your pie crust is filled to the brim, place the piece of parchment down to avoid splashing or bubbling.